Windows 7 Black Screen W/ Cursor

Klassic31

Here's a run down on what happened..
I was trying to launch a steam game but it would not want to launch, so I restarted my computer. Upon launch, I was confronted with a blue screen. I figured I messed something up so I did the "fix your computer" thing and let it run for a couple of hours. I come back and I see a black screen with a mouse. This is where I'm at now. I've restarted the computer and it boots windows fine. It's when I get to the login page where I enter my password where it's just all black with the cursor. I'm pretty positive I'm screwed, but want to know what you guys think. I would love to get out of this situation and be able to use my computer again. Thanks. (and please dumbin' down the computer vocabulary for me please, thanks)

Since you said it also happened during the install your only recourse may be to install again an hope you do not have the same problem.

Since you said it also happened during the install your only recourse may be to install again an hope you do not have the same problem.
Alright, I re ran the system restore and it said that it could not detect a problem. Could it be a video card problem?

System restore doesn't detect problems, it restores the computer to a point in time in the past. If you have it enabled, which is should be by default.

Did you follow the video, and use "last known good configuration".....?

Back