Blank desktop no taskbar can't righclick, same with safemode

Hi guys dunno if you can help me with this?

My icons and taskbars suddenly disappeared about an hour ago, when I restart I get my login screen ok but once I log in I get a black screen with mousse arrow that moves around. If I Ctrl alt del I can shut down and which point all the icons are there but I can't access anything because the machine is shutting down. If I cancel the shut down I then get my wallpaper but again no icons start bar etc... If I goto to safe mode I get a black screen and working mouse icon and that's it! Task manager will not come on and right click is also disabled? Any help would be appreciated.

davidhk129

If you press Ctrl+Alt+Del, do you see an option Start Task Manager ?
If yes, click it.
Then click Processes tab > right click at explorer.exe > click End Process > click Applications tab > New Task... > in the Open box, type explorer.exe > OK
Is desktop back to normal ?

davidhk129

Do I assume that you do not see the Start button either ?

davidhk129

Also try pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
Does Task Manager appear ?
If yes, run the steps I gave you earlier.

When I start task manager nothing appears, also nothing with Ctrl shift and escape!

Happy New Year by the way! Lol

davidhk129

Have you created a System Repair Disk when you first got your Win 7 computer ?
Have you done any System Image backup ?
Do you know how to access your computer's Recovery Partition? If no, what is the make of your computer?

Sorry mate its no particular make and I haven't done any backups. Think I'm just gonna have to wipe it or buy a mac! Lol.

Bugs me that I can access everything for about 3 seconds when I shutdown but as soon as I cancel t he shut down I just get my wallpaper an no icons again. Just one of them things I think.

davidhk129

Sorry mate its no particular make and I haven't done any backups. Think I'm just gonna have to wipe it or buy a mac! Lol.

Bugs me that I can access everything for about 3 seconds when I shutdown but as soon as I cancel t he shut down I just get my wallpaper an no icons again. Just one of them things I think.
The make. I was asking the name of your computer manufacturer..............
example : Dell, HP, Acer, Toshiba etc etc etc.

No manufacturer, my mate made the system up for me.

Oh. In that case, please ask your mate to re-install the operating system.
That's the only way.

Cheers

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.