Windows 7 Blue box with msg

Fenway16

Honorable Member
Dell Inspiron - Not really a bsod I don't think... 2nd time this has happened. MSN site when reading a story, screen becomes sort of transparent and seconds later, a small box with blue background says a problem has been detected. It then closes and goes to a black screen on desktop. I restart but it does not load my security software or mouse. I shut off manually and when I restart a windows "repair" window comes up. Startup repair is checking for problems. It has been doing that for 15 minutes. No progress.

I am going to manually shut it down again as I don't think this repair mode is working. I'll check back with you guys (on my laptop now) and see what you think. I think it may be a malware attack - I do have my Macrium backup on hand if I can't boot into system next time, Thanks in advance.

Since this post, restarted and all up and running properly again. Don't know what's going on but as I said, this is the 2nd time it has happened and all started on MSN page. I will read some of the posts - solutions - on this forum. Thanks.

Last edited:
It's certainly possible it's malware. I would grab a couple scanners and run them in safe mode such as malwarebytes and spybot.

Hi and thanks. I do have MWB premium on the desktop. I ran a scan in normal mode - not safe mode - nothing came up as a threat,. Should do in safe mode tho?

Hi - checked with the mwb guru who stated whether scan run in normal or safe mode, won't make a difference. He/She did indicate to scan including rootkits. Will do that. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom