Windows 7 blue screen actin weird....??

Esther Lee

Hello I am having so much trouble currently....
So th one that is acting weird is the blue screen.. and I am not sure if this is a virus or not.
So...
1, my friend got her mail hacked.
2, she sends me weird files and I open them accidentally
3, so they download
4, I go to the control panel and uninstall most of them, leaving one because it is not letting me
5, I go to Google chrome to search what happened
6, suddenly chrome closes and blue screen appear.
7, I restart my computer and blue screen appears again.
8, I try to shut down my computer and "are you sure you want to shut down your computer?" Appears and blue screen suddenly goes away.
9, I was confused and restart my computer. Same thing happens. It pops up, I shut down my computer and before it shuts down, are you sure thing comes up, blue screen goes away....
What is going on?? Is this like a virus or something?? After it goes away, my computer works just like any other day!!!! I need help.... so confused right now....

Hi Esther,
please read the thread found here :
How to ask for help with a BSOD problem
The above contains an application which makes life a little easier for you. :)

When a computer blue screens it should create what's called a dump file. If you seem to be missing these dump files then you probably need to configure your system to create them.
Open the run application.
Type sysdm.cpl in the run box and click ok.
Look across the top of the system properties box for 'Advanced' and click that.
Look for 'Startup and Recovery' near the bottom and click 'settings'.
Near the bottom you'll see a drop down menu under the heading 'write debugging information'.
In the drop down menu choose ' small memory dump (256KB)'
Under 'small dump directory' make sure it says %SystemRoot%\Minidump.
Click ok and your good to go.
Once the settings are changed you will of course need to blue screen again to receive a dump file. (Dump files can be found in the main windows folder in a folder marked 'Minidump'.)

In the meantime try downloading and running a copy of Malwarebytes just to ensure your bug free:
Free Anti-Malware & Internet Security Software
(It's free)

Another option is 'System Restore':
System Restore - Microsoft Windows

Back