Windows 7 BLUE SCREEN AFTER HIBERNATE

i'm trying to test the hdd with
Diag504fCD.iso(burned into cd) but it says "no drive found". the same happens when i use the seagate diagnostic tool(recomended on Link Removed - Invalid URL). any ideas why this happens? the test with hdtune was clear with no errors.

042111-29374-01.dmp
BugCheck 7A, {20, ffffffffc000009d, fffffa8007e657c8, 0}
KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR (7a)
The requested page of kernel data could not be read in. Typically caused by
a bad block in the paging file or disk controller error.
ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc000009d - STATUS_DEVICE_NOT_CONNECTED
DISK_HARDWARE_ERROR: There was error with disk hardware
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+4c5e0 )

"No drive found" can be linked to the ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc000009d - STATUS_DEVICE_NOT_CONNECTED, which indicates defective or loose cabling, termination, or that the controller does not see the hard disk.

Try HDTune, at least try to start it under windows. If the same message persists, open up your case and check the cabling. If cabling doesn't help, try another HDD.

"No drive found" can be linked to the ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc000009d - STATUS_DEVICE_NOT_CONNECTED, which indicates defective or loose cabling, termination, or that the controller does not see the hard disk.

Try HDTune, at least try to start it under windows. If the same message persists, open up your case and check the cabling. If cabling doesn't help, try another HDD.
i tested the hard drive with HDTune and Data Lifeguard Diagnostic(WD) under windows and they found no errors. the "no drive found" occurs only with the bootable editions. anyway, i will check tha cabling.

the message i get when i boot from the wd tool is : no drive found. error/status code:0120
according to the diagnostic error codes of WD http://support.wdc.com/techinfo/general/errorcodes.asp , the 0120 code means "an unknown error has occurred during testing. This may be an anomaly. Check connections and retest. If the error repeats, replace the drive."
i doublechecked the cabling and it seems ok. is it possible for a broken hard drive to operate in windows but not in dos?
sorry about all this questions but i'm trying to understand what is going on.

Last edited:
STATUS_DEVICE_NOT_CONNECTED, which indicates defective or loose cabling, termination, or that the controller does not see the hard disk.

The problem could be with your motherboard too.

1. Check the HDD, cabling
2. See what the maker says about your RAM: can it be set both ways 1333 and 1600? What are the specs and the voltage?
3. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
4. Btw, have you run chkdsk /f command?

1. Check the HDD, cabling
2. See what the maker says about your RAM: can it be set both ways 1333 and 1600? What are the specs and the voltage?
3. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
4. Btw, have you run chkdsk /f command?

1. i just did. it seem ok unless the cample itself is broken.
2.motherboard gigabyte GA-PH67A-UD3-B3

memory specs:

1. 4 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 32 GB of system memory
  2. Dual channel memory architecture
  3. Support for DDR3 1333/1066/800 MHz memory modules
  4. Support for non-ECC memory modules

no it can't be set at 1600MHz

3. i run memtest86+ yesterday night fr about 7 hours and No error found.
4. yes i did but i don't remember if i clicked the /f command. i'll do it now and i will come up with the news.

no it can't be set at 1600MHz

No I'm asking about your ram sticks, can they be set to 1333mhz and at what timing/voltage? You can find this info at the ram maker's description page.

i'm afraid only the standar information is available at excelram's product info. Link Removed - Invalid URL

Good enough, it clearly says:

Timings: 7-10-10-24
Memoy Speed: 1600 Mhz
Operating Voltage: 1.65 V

So I'm not sure what the timing and voltage values should be for 1333Mhz. According to RAMMon, 1333 9 9 9 24 1.5v. You may want to try it this way.

Also, run SMART tests again, since WinDbg does blame your hard disk:

PassMark DiskCheckup - SMART hard drive monitoring utility

HD Tune website

HDDScan

i will try everything you adviced me.
the disk check by the way was ok. no problems at all.
i will reply when i finish with the rest of the tests.

thank you for your time

Back