Windows 8 Blue screen after install hp envy 15

Adam Hartstein

I have an HP Envy 15t-3200, with an after market Vertex 4 256GB SSD. I did a clean install of Windows 8, and now when I close my lap top it goes to sleep like normal, but when I open it back up it will either freeze and just restart or blue screen. Any help would be great.

Did you ever run Windows 8 on the system before the SSD?

If you have a network adapter, you might check to make sure the driver is identifying it correctly, and try adjusting the Power Management in its properties in Device Manager. I just say this because Windows 8 gave me problems with my Ethernet adapter, so it might be similar to your situation.

If you have any more info, someone might notice other things. Any log entries in Event Viewer?

Did you ever run Windows 8 on the system before the SSD?

If you have a network adapter, you might check to make sure the driver is identifying it correctly, and try adjusting the Power Management in its properties in Device Manager. I just say this because Windows 8 gave me problems with my Ethernet adapter, so it might be similar to your situation.

If you have any more info, someone might notice other things. Any log entries in Event Viewer?

Yes I did, but I formatted the SSD before installing.

I looked in the Device Manager and this is what I found. I didn't have anything plugged in my computer, I don't know what that unknown device is, maybe that's the problem?
And I have bluetooth, wireless adapters, and Ethernet Port, I am not that good with device manager so you'll have to tell me which one i need to adjust.
http://i.imgur.com/2wOaU.png

I've only been able to catch what the problem is when it blue screens for a few seconds, but I think is said critical_read_process, but not entirely sure.

The Unknown device might be the Intel Management Engine. There is a driver for it, but it should not cause blue screens.

You might see if there is a BSOD forum here, or go to the one on the Windows 7 forum. You will find a sticky that explains what might be required for someone to diagnose the problem.

The Unknown device might be the Intel Management Engine. There is a driver for it, but it should not cause blue screens.

You might see if there is a BSOD forum here, or go to the one on the Windows 7 forum. You will find a sticky that explains what might be required for someone to diagnose the problem.

It just happened again this time I was able to read it. The reason was CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

I can provide memory dump files if that will help.

Well, you are luckier than I! I am still trying to find a way to even install Windows 8 on my HP Envy 15!!But. Have you tried adjusting some of the power functions? Try disabling the hibernate feature, for a start, and see if that brings any results. Also, in the Power menu, select the option which does not allow your HD to sleep.

Back