Windows 7 Blue Screen of Death Cannot Reboot..

mostar

On Friday, my PC crashed and restarted with blue screen of death.

Yesterday I was able to booted it once in Safe Mode.

Since then I cannot boot (constantly crashes and restarts).

Tried anything and everything I can think of without any success.

I run Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit OS ON Dell Studio XPS 435MT model (intel Core i7 920 processor, Intel X58 + ICH10R chipset)

I cannot post mini-dump as I cannot log on the windows but this is information from Blue Screen:

STOP : 0X0000007E (0XFFFFFFFFC0000005, OXFFFFF8800105ED45, 0XFFFFF880039168E8, OXFFFF88003916140)

iastorv.sys - address FFFFF8800105ED45 base at FFFFF8800100C00, Datestamp 49dcd76d

It seems the issue is with Intel Matrix Storage Manager but I cannot boot the PC to update drivers etc.

Truly any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Attach your crash dumps (.dmp) from C:\Windows\Minidump.

Boot into safe mode and uninstall your Antivirus, later in normal mode install MSE. When you can boot normally, update Intell Matrix Storage Driver.

Sorry cannot boot in safe mode or normal mode. Tried system restore, system repair and everything failed so far.

Any advice on how to collect minidump without access to Hard Drive please.

Thank you.

First, set your bios to Load the Optimized Defaults. Save. Then try to boot to Windows.

If fail, change the SATA mode in bios. Save. Try to boot to Windows again. (Try all modes. SATA, RAID, IDE, AHCI...)

If fail, boot to Knoppix disc and upload crash dumps from there.

Mostar have you had any success dealing with your bsod? I seem to have the same or a very similar issue.

I get a bsod every boot, normal or safe mode, and part of the message it gives me is about iastorv.sys. Now because windows is installed on a raid 0 partition, I cannot boot my computer because iastorv.sys the intel matrix storage driver is causing a bluescreen, and due to the nature of raid 0 and intel matrix storage I cannot load data from the disks to another computer, there is truly no way for me to get the mini dump. At least that I know of.

Is there anyone with advice specific to a iastorv.sys caused bluescreen? Because the traditional approaches seem useless here.

So this is all I got:
IMG_20101220_171309.jpg
pencil.png

Mostar have you had any success dealing with your bsod? I seem to have the same or a very similar issue.

I get a bsod every boot, normal or safe mode, and part of the message it gives me is about iastorv.sys. Now because windows is installed on a raid 0 partition, I cannot boot my computer because iastorv.sys the intel matrix storage driver is causing a bluescreen, and due to the nature of raid 0 and intel matrix storage I cannot load data from the disks to another computer, there is truly no way for me to get the mini dump. At least that I know of.

Is there anyone with advice specific to a iastorv.sys caused bluescreen? Because the traditional approaches seem useless here.

So this is all I got:
View attachment 10039
pencil.png

Iastorv.sys may be not the only problem, it can be other software or faulty motherboard.

I did a clean install too. Fine. Even found all my data and put it in the windows.old folder, so no data loss, as long as you don't change anything in the matrix bios before the reinstall, I think that would cause data loss. I really do think the driver or something to do with the raid became corrupted, and there is no way to fix it without booting, and no way to boot with a corrupt raid driver. Sooo, it was a black hole of a problem. I was disappointed that the windows disk repair option couldn't fix it though.

I really do think the driver or something to do with the raid became corrupted

Absolutely correct, since iastor(v).sys is an AHCI driver known as Intel Matrix Storage Management
Intel® Matrix Storage Technology

Possible causers of BSOD-iastor.sys:

- outdated or corrupted driver
- antivirus configuration
- faulty controller

Back
Top Bottom