Windows 7 Blue Screen problem with Lenovo y560

grumibien

[BSOD] Blue Screen problem with Lenovo y560

Hello,
I have a recurrent BSOD problem
sometimes for no reason at all (while using a external hard drive, using windows media player)
and very often when I use my external m-audio soundcard and Abletone live -

Here are dump files and other informations needed:

View attachment cpuandrammon.zip
View attachment minidump.zip

Thanks for any suggestion,
G

Last edited:
grumibien:
Hello and welcome to the forums.
For future reference, it's generally a better idea if you attach any files to your actual post here, rather than forcing members who would like to help, to go to another site to acquire your files.
Just put the files into a folder on your own desktop, right click that folder and choose send to, compressed (zipped) folder.
Then when replying click reply, then the go advanced button, then use the paper clip tool from the icon bar to upload your files here.
Thanks
Randy

Update the following drivers
k57nd60x.sys 10/16/2009 Broadcom Ethernet Adapater Broadcom.com - Ethernet NIC Driver Downloads
athr.sys 11/6/2009 Atheros chipset based Network Adapter (probably wireless) ATHEROS drivers for Microsoft Windows (Atheros?????)
jmcr.sys 1/11/2010 JMicron JMB38X Flash Media Controller Driver ftp://driver.jmicron.com.tw/CardReader/Windows/ bottom one 2011 driver.
Many of you dump files suggest issues with memory management / memory corruption.
Download, burn to CD and boot from CD to run MemTest86 latest ISO, near middle of page. 7 passes, test sticks and slots individually.
Run check disk on system drive. Launch an elevated command prompt and type
chkdsk C: /R
hit enter
answer yes "Y" when prompted and reboot.
I am also concerned about a program which seemed to be involved in the majority of your Blue Screens "Live 8.0.1.exe" I am not familiar with that program but it seems to be used for Music Composition. Just wondering if you've noticed or associated it with your issues and what version you are currently using and if it is up to date.
If Blue screens persist after performing the above steps, please attach any new dump files to your next post
EDIT: Also updating to Windows 7 Sp1, might also be a good idea.... up to you.

Last edited:
Back