Windows 7 Bluetooth devices do not work correctly on a computer that is running Windows 7

hmazuji

the hotfix that this refers to is no longer available on the m.s. website - they've purposely abandoned it
i have a feeling that whatever m.s. is doing is only going to result in a large number of manpower hours
as if life wasn't short enough

anyone have a copy of the hotfix ?

1583009604031.png

Windows 7 has been end of life for a couple months now so yes Microsoft would remove unsupported content

so no, i don't need to install another operating system on my desktop. i need the hotfix, which was already developed and online. i'm not asking m.s. to solve a problem, just stop sabotaging me by hiding content

Microsoft did what every company does they remove unsupported software. Hope you don't use that system online. There are already known active exploits.

you will need to find a private wsus server to get a copy of that now... a school or old networking teacher is the best bet

p.s, as Neemobeer said, this is not recommended

the chairman at the computer science department at james madison university told me that if i want to keep my system secure, i should disconnect it from the network, power it down, and lock it in a vault. i will leave you to your security issues, but this is off topic. the topic is: where can i get the 980396 bluetooth hotfix ? there aren't any schools using win 7, that have a wsus server. the threat of wasting my time looking for a file to patch my computer is more real than a theoretical hypothetical exploit

Unless someone has that hotfix squirreled away somewhere the answer is you won't be able to find it.

Unless someone has that hotfix squirreled away somewhere the answer is you won't be able to find it.
yeah, i found it here:

That message means the hotfix isn't meant for your system (such as wrong architecture or incorrect OS), the hotfix is superceded by some other patch, or some preceding patch is not installed on the system.

Back