Windows 7 Bluetooth Devices no longer work afer applying Service Pack 1 to Windows 7

Onebusyguy

I recently updated my Windows 7 Ultimate with Service Pack 1 through Windows Update and after the reboot my Bluetooth devices don’t work. I have two Dell mice and a Dell keyboard and they no longer function. I deleted the devices and added them back and while they were discovered and did attach they don’t function. Additionally, detailed information on the devices is no longer present. One of my mice was a Dell Travel Mouse and before it showed up as an icon that looked just like my mouse not it shows up as a generic mouse.

In trying to troubleshoot this i disabled the internal Bluetooth and plugged in a Belkin Bluetooth Dongle and it behaves the same way. However as this was an external device it has a flashing light showing when it is receiving a transmission and when I moved the mouse the light would flash so the signal is getting to the computer however nothing is happening on screen. This dongle works perfect on my other Dell D620 Laptop with Windows 7 and no service pack.

Dell D830
Internal Dell 360 Bluetooth
Windows 7 Ultimate
Service Pack 1
4 GB RAM
All Windows Updates applied

Check with Dells website for an updated driver. You may need to just download the orginal or an updated driver for that service.

Back
Top Bottom