Windows 7 bootmgr image corrupt

Leon22

Woke up this morning to a black screen with the words ''bootmgr image corrupt''. Tried re-booting and I get the same spiel. Then I tried booting with my Windows 7 CD, it tells to boot with CD or DVD please press any key to continue, I press it and the dvd is being read and then the same message pops up ''bootmgr image corrupt''.

I made sure the dvd/cd drive was first in line for booting in the BIOS.

This doesn't make much sense to me because with the CD isn't it supposed to by pass the need for the files on the hard drive?

Any help with this would be great.

By the way I ran the Hard Disk check in my bios and it says everything is fine.

I have been running Windows 7 for about 3 weeks now, I had XP on the computer previously.

Thanks in advance.

Leon

first, reset bios to factory defaults

next ... ONLY put dvd in boot priority

reboot and test

Why in any normal situation would you see a boot image corrupt message.

Did you have a normal Windows 7 install prior to that point?

He seems to be getting the message when trying to boot to the install disk.... there is no way .. unless the disk is scratched... that he should get a boot corrupt message when booting to disk. He gets the message when booting to DISK. Can't be connected to hd .. unless it's not booting to dvd???? right? I could be confused.

I did reset the bios and I did put cd/dvd as only boot point. Still gives the same message. Yes it is a normal windows 7 install with a legal copy bought from the store and everything. My computer was running fine for 4 weeks with Windows 7 before this happened.

I did reset the bios and I did put cd/dvd as only boot point. Still gives the same message. Yes it is a normal windows 7 install with a legal copy bought from the store and everything. My computer was running fine for 4 weeks with Windows 7 before this happened.

Check your Bios again and see if your floppy disk is enabled. If it is disable it. I had the same message when I first tried to install Win 7. If it is enabled and you disable it, you should be ok.

Can you check the disk in another computer? There must be a hardware problem if you can't boot to a cd rom with windows 7 install disk.

Unplug the power to your hard drive and make sure you don't have any usb drive installed. Unless there is hardware problems it's got to be trying to read the disk to find an error message about boot image corrupt.. I'm pretty sure there is no such message in the bios and a computer can't just think up something like that. Find out where it's getting the message.

Back
Top Bottom