Windows 7 Browser stops opening pages after 2 hours

poljachina

Hello. This is my first post here but unfortunately it's problem related.
I'm runing Win7 Ultimate edition, and today a strange problem has started to happen. My browser stops opening pages around 2 hours after the computer boots. If I reset the computer, I can then surf again. Before the reset I tried disable/enableing the network adapter but it didn't work. I tried to turn off windows firewall and shut down the Avast. But it didn't help either. Just a complete reset of the computer solves this issue. I've noticed(on this forum) that people that have VISTA installed have the exact problems. Has any one had this problem, if so please help me solve it.

Best regards
Ales

The last thing I saw on a situation like this was a program like Avast or Norton or something similar was stopping the access. I assume you have no other protection programs than Avast or the Windows Firewall?

Which version of Avast are you running?

Have you tried multiple browsers to see if it's an IE or Firefox issue? Tried clearing the history/temp files/cookies/cache? I know there is a feature in windows that you can alot time that people are allowed to use the computer and/or internet - could be a conflict there?

I was using avast home 4.8, but I uninstaled it right away after I saw that it was making problem for vista users exactly like this. Now I installed Microsoft Security essentials and it's no different. After about two hours, everything related opening web pages stops working in Firefox, Opera and IE8. Instant messenger stays on line and I can communicate with my contacts. I can ping my DNS or google just fine, just the browser doesn't do nothinhg. Other computers that are running XP's are working just fine. It' just my computer that is on the fritz... It quite a fresh install of windows, I've had them installed for less than a week.

A scan for malware was the first thing I have done with spy bot...I'll give it a go with your suggested scanner. I'll do the rest of your suggestions and report on the outcome. Thanks for the info. If any one has a suggestion, I'm open for any further suggestions.

Cheers...

I've scanned the computer with malware and CC cleaner, but after a while the browser stopped opening pages again... So it didn't help... I'm leaning towards a fresh install of windows, but it's a serious pain because I loose almost a day installing all of my work applications :S

Any other ideas folks?

Regards...

Only other suggestion. Do you have your comp hooked to a router or directly to the modem? May want to try connecting to the modem directly to rule out the router issue. Even though IM works, there could be llimited access to the net.

Please also try:
Once the browser stops connecting, Pull the plug on router/modem and leave off for a minute. plug it back in, wait for it to connect and then try the brtowser again.
Let's know what happened

Hello. I've been gone for a while and today I got back to the office and found that the problem is still present. I've tried to reset the modem and router like it was suggested, but it doesn't solve the problem. After I plug back the router I get limited or no connectivity on my network adapter.

I haven't tried to set up my internet connection directly through the modem yet. I doubt that that is the problem seeing as the router stays connected adn all the other computers (3-all WinXP) work just fine.

Darn... this is so frustrating. I'm open to any new suggestions. Thanks

Regards
Ales

Google a program called Autoruns and download it and disable all the stuff that is not from microsoft and the bho's under Internet Explorer that are NOT microsoft, reboot and test.

Also, check your cpu usage, something may be misbehaving and slowly wasting memory, until you run out two hours later. That would likely cause the os to just fail and go into a reboot. Microsoft has made a lot of efforts to remove the blue screen of death... so now you get reboots instead... when the system becomes unstable.

I suppose the only other thing can say is I know someone who had the same problem. He stated "Removing Zone Alarm was not enough, you had to completely remove it." Which means using special procedures to do so.

I don't know if you ever had Zone Alarm on your system, but I had it with Vista for a year and never had a problem. Perhaps it is something else interacting with firewall/anti-virus programs that is causing the problem.

I suppose the only other thing can say is I know someone who had the same problem. He stated "Removing Zone Alarm was not enough, you had to completely remove it." Which means using special procedures to do so.

I don't know if you ever had Zone Alarm on your system, but I had it with Vista for a year and never had a problem. Perhaps it is something else interacting with firewall/anti-virus programs that is causing the problem.

Notron av is so dug in it's as serious as a root kit virus. They had to make a utility to remove it.

Back
Top Bottom