Windows 7 BSOD after my new win7 installation?

xNathan

Hi i just installed my win7 yesterday and i went to install adobe Photoshop cs5 and my whole pc just lagged and all of a sudden a bsod after that i did't get any bsod but today i left my pc on and run a virus scan and when i came back my pc has had bsod cause it said " your pc has shut unexpectedly" or something along that. So i don't know why i am getting bsod screens i even went to my event viewer and i got 99 events and there most errors and a few critical, i have no idea what to do i have had problems with bsod before on my laptop. so any one have a way to fix this?? i can attach my minidump files to this thread and i attached a screen shot of my event viewer.
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    59.6 KB · Views: 882
Hey there and welcome to the website.

In order to debug the crashes, we need to analyze the crash dumps. Seems you're aware of this part, so cool.

They are in C:\Windows\Minidump

Copy the files in there to any other folder, first. Then zip them and attach the zip.

There are countless types of bsod. The event 41, Kernel-Power in your event log is created whenever there is any type of bsod - just a little info for ya.

Ok i uploaded my mini dump files hope u can help

Attachments

• minidmp.rar
    52.4 KB · Views: 438
Wow, you're getting an extremely rare type of error. Both crashes posted are 0x7a stops.

What this means is that the disk (hdd) subsystem is experiencing failures. The two main causes of this are a bad block on the hard drive where the paging file is located and/or a disk controller error - which means your hardware or less likely, its driver.

A few steps to take:

1) Uninstall both Avira and AVG from the machine in safe mode using the tools found here:

AV Uninstallers - Windows 7 Forums

When done, install MSE as a replacement.

2) Update this Marvell Yukon network driver:

Code:
yk62x86  yk62x86.sys  Mon Feb 23 09:44:18 2009
Your motherboard manufacturer's website will have a much newer one to install. If you don't know which motherboard you have, use CPU-Z to tell you.

3) Download and install the latest chipset/raid/storage drivers from there as well.

4) Now on to what may be most helpful here. Open an elevated command prompt. Run this command for the partition you have the paging file on. If you never moved it anywhere, it will be on your drive C:. If you have move it, change the letter C to correspond.

Code:
chkdsk /r C:
5) You can also disable the page file. Reboot. Then enable the page file once again. Reboot. This may write the page file to a new location within the partition, getting it away from the source of error within the hard drive.

---------

Good luck and please let us know how this turns out. If you experience further crash dumps either before or after the updates, please post them.

You may eventually have to replace the hard drive if issues can not be sorted with the above advice.

I would also make sure the laptop is not overheating and that any fans inside are operating properly. A good cleaning and inspection inside may prove helpful.

Last edited:
a few question
1.how do i update the Marvell Yukon network driver and what do i to with the code??
2. if i had to get a new hard drive how can i do this? my laptop is dell inspiron 1545
3. i installed cpu z and mainboard and my manufacturer is dell , could you like give me the links for the correct downloads for my laptop? again my laptop is dell inspiron 1545

For questions 1 and 3 - simply install these drivers:

Marvell Yukon network - Link Removed - Invalid URL

Chipset - Link Removed - Invalid URL

Intel Matrix Storage Manager - Link Removed - Invalid URL

And this Dell recommended install for the Seagate hdd - Link Removed - Invalid URL

---------

If you eventually need a new hard drive, all you have to do is pick a 2.5" SATA drive to purchase as a replacement.

Thanks for all your help i installed all the things u told me to and did all the things u said hopefully they will work and if they don't i guess i buy a new hard drive

Thanks for all your help i installed all the things u told me to and did all the things u said hopefully they will work and if they don't i guess i buy a new hard drive

Buying a new hard drive won't solve the issue if you install the same software again. You could just wipe hard drive clean with a low-level format and re-install Windows 7.

Also, if you installed Windows 7 as an "upgrade" install over the previous OS such as Vista, that will cause problems too.

Be sure you download the latest drivers for all the hardware on your system and motherboard chipsets. That's one of the most critical aspects of a good clean install.

Buying a new hard drive won't solve the issue if you install the same software again. You could just wipe hard drive clean with a low-level format and re-install Windows 7.

Also, if you installed Windows 7 as an "upgrade" install over the previous OS such as Vista, that will cause problems too.

Be sure you download the latest drivers for all the hardware on your system and motherboard chipsets. That's one of the most critical aspects of a good clean install.

Yea maybe but i have installed vista os like 20 times and win7 os 2 or 3 times and it has been the same problem and i have dropped my laptop before not from a huge height since after that i got problems

Very likely, I'm afraid that a new hard drive is going to be necessary since these 0x7a stops are caused by bad blocks and not any software that was installed (or not installed.)
Basically, they're indicative of a physically failing hard drive and any kind of format can not repair that.

If money is a concern, then trying to low level format the hdd and re-installing Windows, of course can be tried. There's nothing wrong with the attempt.

There is a hardware issue though. If it isn't the actual drive itself gone bad, it is the cooling of the laptop itself that has gone bad which is causing the hdd to work in temperatures it doesn't like.

----

To the OP - Please make sure you run that chkdsk command as I've shown to above, in an elevated command prompt. This will repair any hard drive errors that it can.

----

Crash dump output:

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.12.0002.633 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [E:\Temp\Rar$DI00.856\082110-18423-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\SymCache*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is: 
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (2 procs) Free x86 compatible
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.16385.x86fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0x82810000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0x82958810
Debug session time: Sat Aug 21 09:46:45.469 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:33:37.263
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
0: kd> !analyze -v
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR (7a)
The requested page of kernel data could not be read in.  Typically caused by
a bad block in the paging file or disk controller error. Also see
KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR.
If the error status is 0xC000000E, 0xC000009C, 0xC000009D or 0xC0000185,
it means the disk subsystem has experienced a failure.
If the error status is 0xC000009A, then it means the request failed because
a filesystem failed to make forward progress.
Arguments:
Arg1: c049e8d0, lock type that was held (value 1,2,3, or PTE address)
Arg2: c0000185, error status (normally i/o status code)
Arg3: 346108c0, current process (virtual address for lock type 3, or PTE)
Arg4: 93d1a3cc, virtual address that could not be in-paged (or PTE contents if arg1 is a PTE address)

Debugging Details:
------------------

ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000185 - The I/O device reported an I/O error.

DISK_HARDWARE_ERROR: There was error with disk hardware

BUGCHECK_STR:  0x7a_c0000185

Last edited:
Very likely, I'm afraid that a new hard drive is going to be necessary since these 0x7a stops are caused by bad blocks and not any software that was installed (or not installed.)
Basically, they're indicative of a physically failing hard drive and any kind of format can not repair that.

If money is a concern, then trying to low level format the hdd and re-installing Windows, of course can be tried. There's nothing wrong with the attempt.

There is a hardware issue though. If it isn't the actual drive itself gone bad, it is the cooling of the laptop itself that has gone bad which is causing the hdd to work in temperatures it doesn't like.

Do you know how i could do a low level format ?

Yes, but again, you are having a hardware error which this can not fix. You'll be much more likely to have any success by running the chkdsk command.

If you still wish to low level format for any reason, Killdisk software can do this for you.

Yes, but again, you are having a hardware error which this can not fix. You'll be much more likely to have any success by running the chkdsk command.

If you still wish to low level format for any reason, Killdisk software can do this for you.

I tried the command chkdsk thing and says i gotta reboot and it will check the disk on my next boot up which i will do soon and thanks for the killdisk software

Yea maybe but i have installed vista os like 20 times and win7 os 2 or 3 times and it has been the same problem and i have dropped my laptop before not from a huge height since after that i got problems

For sure, the HDD is damaged. Forget everything else in this thread. Purchase a new HDD and install.

Best of luck. :)

You're welcome. Honestly, the only reason I was telling you to do other things before is because I would have hated making you waste money if it wasn't necessary. I wanted to exhaust all options.

After the further info about dropping the laptop, it is 100% guaranteed that the hdd is damaged. Anytime a drive is powered on and it receives a shock as dropping would do, it makes the reading head make contact with the spinning platters. This is what caused your hdd to fail like it did.

It could be worse. My brother broke his wife's laptop screen by accident not too long ago. lol

Interesting... on post #9 we find out the laptop was dropped. Especially if it was running or powered on when dropped then that explains the hard drive error issues.

Now at least you can get a new hard drive, bigger capacity and one that runs at 7200 rpm which will make things a little faster, but use a little more power when on battery.

umm i was wondering how can i find the type of hard drive i have on my pc? sorry if the question is of topic

Back
Top Bottom