Windows 7 BSOD after reformatting, 2 error signs

Rosey0

A few months ago, I found out my processor was failing thanks to a computer store downtown. So we got a new one, and reformatted my hard drive in case. Then, I returned to the store again a few weeks later because I was beginning to get random BSODs. They said it was cause of a corrupt install of Win7. So they reformatted again, supposedly with all the correct drivers.

But now a few days later, I'm getting BSODs with SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL errors.

The IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL dumps were deleted since I used the built in System Repair.

Specs:
Operating System
MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
AMD Athlon II X4 645
Propus 45nm Technology
RAM
4.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK Computer INC. M4A78LT-M-LE (AM3)
Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor (1600x1200@75Hz)
ATI Radeon HD 5670 (Sapphire/PCPartner)
Hard Drives
488GB Hitachi Hitachi HDS721050CLA362 ATA Device (SATA)
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NS50 ATA Device
Audio
VIA High Definition Audio

Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• Minidump.rar
    131.2 KB · Views: 148
Hello and welcome to the forums.
Start by updating these two drivers
ASACPI.sys 3/27/2005 from here ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download M4A78LT-M LE expand utilities and about the eleventh one down labeled ATK0110 driver for WindowsXP/Vista/Win7 32&64-bit
while there make sure that you have installed the most recent drivers for your MoBo's, Chipset, Audio, Video, etc.
and
Determine the actual model name and or number Atheros network adapter you are using for
L1C62x64.sys 4/1/2009 and grab the most recent driver from here ATHEROS drivers for Microsoft Windows (Atheros?????)
If Blue screens persist Then:
Please read the first post in this sticky thread here How to ask for help with a BSOD problem
Do your best to accumulate the data required.
Run the SF Diagnostic tool (download and right click the executable and choose run as administrator)
Download and run CPUz. Use the Windows snipping tool to gather images from all tabs including all slots populated with memory under the SPD tab.
Likewise RAMMon. Export the html report, put everything into a desktop folder that you've created for this purpose, zip it up and attach it to your next post (right click it and choose send to, compressed (zipped) folder.
Additionally, if you haven’t already, please take some time and fill out your system specs in your forum profile area http://windows7forums.com/windows-7...you-filling-your-system-specs.html#post235529 .
Good luck
Randy

So I installed that driverscanner and updated some of my drivers, and I've got everything besides the Atheros driver. I found out that mine is the AR8131 model, I downloaded the zip file, and it gave me what you see here:

ThcIE.png

I'm not sure which one to use.

Not sure what you mean by "driverscanner" but anyway.....
You need to extract that file and
Shamelessly plagiarized from Elmer
Driver Install - Manual Method

1. Download the driver and extract it to a folder.
  2. Open the Device Manager.
  3. Right click the device you wish to change the drivers for. You can select Properties > Driver > Driver Details to check you have the right device.
  4. Choose Update Driver Software.
  5. Select Browse My Computer For Driver Software.
  6. Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
  7. Select Have disk...
  8. Select Browse..
  9. Navigate to the extracted folder and double click on the .inf file
  10. Hit OK, then Next and the driver(s) will then begin to install.
  11. After it has installed, GoTo C:\Windows\System32\Drivers. Locate the driver you've just updated, right click it and check the dates under its properties.

I've installed everything possible besides the AMD Display driver.

And the DriverScanner is the software that got linked in the first post, not sure if it was a good idea in hindsight to get, but MSE says it's safe anyways.

I've tried installing the Display driver twice and both times it said it failed.

I've received this when trying to install version 8.950.0.0000 for my display driver:

AMD Display Driver
Final Status:Fail
Version of Item:8.950.0.0000
Size:90 Mbytes

I've tried starting up windows disabling driver signing. It didn't work.

Not exactly sure, what's going on or what you are trying to do, but I would think that going here ATI Catalyst may prove to be a better approach to getting your hands on the latest driver for your adapter.
The video adapter driver on the AsusTek site is for an integrated ATI 3000 and according to your specs you have a ATI Radeon HD 5670 installed and I assume the integrated video card is disabled in the BIOS or is at least not being used currently. The link that I provided in this post is specific for your ATI Radeon HD 5670

Last edited:
Yes, I tried it, and it came up with the same results. I was not able to install version 8.950.0.0000.

AMD Display Driver
Final Status:Fail
Version of Item:8.950.0.0000
Size:90 Mbytes

EDIT: Some other minidumps of BSODs I had today, they didn't have any of the errors that I've had before.

Attachments

• Minidumps.zip
    45.9 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
I wish I actually had some experience with ATI drivers and could be of more help but since I have always used Nvidia video cards I'm pretty much useless.
I can only suggest that you might try using something like 7zip to extract the actual driver package that you have downloaded and then right click the "Setup.exe" and choose "Run as Administrator".
There is a relatively indepth post located here as to how to get the drivers installed, using a combination of DriverSweeper and Safe Mode, etc., you might want to take a look and see if it helps [Guide] How to update AMD Catalyst Drivers - OverclockersClub Forums

I read that post, but in my folders, it contains a different specified folder. I also don't understand step 5 in it at all, and what I can really understand from it is that it's a uninstall and reinstall of the drivers? I'm not sure. But thanks for trying.

Yes, whenever I try and play TF2, it's only a couple of minutes until I get a BSOD.

I did not try the method that you linked with the Driver Sweeper, as I didn't understand it.

Last edited:
DriverSweeper is a relatively simple program to use. My principle concern is that in running it and selecting AMD Display->Analyze->Clean, with the issues you've been having installing your Video Driver, if the installation problem is because of a write permissions problem to a particular directory or registry key or something like that then, I'm a little afraid you may be left with no driver an no way to install a driver until you resolve the root cause of the overall Video Driver installation problem. So...... deciding whether to use it or not, I will leave up to you. As I've said it is relatively simple to use as long as you are careful as to what you select and pay attention to what appears and is checked in the analyze results window before you click the clean button.

I'm probably not going to attempt that, as it's better to have something than nothing. Hopefully there is someone else with more experience in AMD cards to help, but thanks anyways.

Back