Windows 7 BSOD after restart installing RTD

akjax

So I'm trying to install Win 7 RTD on a couple of laptops, and having similar problems.
For one, (13" Asus with a C2D SATA HDD) it installs okay, does the expanding files just fine. but when it does it's first restart, when it's doing the cool windows 7 startup screen, it BSOD's and instantly restarts (not enough time to see what BSOD says)
On suggesting from a friend, I went into the BIOS and switched the SATA mode to compatability mode, which didnt change anything.
I have tried two different harddrives, again, same result.

For the second, (17.3" Asus C2D 2xSATA HDD) I get almost the same issue, except it doesn't instantly restart upon BSOD so I can read the error code
"Techicnal information:
*** STOP: 0x0000007B (0x80786B58, 0xC0000034, 0X00000000, 0x00000000)

Any idea what could be causing this? I know the image I downloaded isn't bad, because a friend gave it to me and he used it to install 7 on his laptop.

Thanks in advance

So I'm trying to install Win 7 RTD on a couple of laptops, and having similar problems.
For one, (13" Asus with a C2D SATA HDD) it installs okay, does the expanding files just fine. but when it does it's first restart, when it's doing the cool windows 7 startup screen, it BSOD's and instantly restarts (not enough time to see what BSOD says)
On suggesting from a friend, I went into the BIOS and switched the SATA mode to compatability mode, which didnt change anything.
I have tried two different harddrives, again, same result.

For the second, (17.3" Asus C2D 2xSATA HDD) I get almost the same issue, except it doesn't instantly restart upon BSOD so I can read the error code
"Techicnal information:
*** STOP: 0x0000007B (0x80786B58, 0xC0000034, 0X00000000, 0x00000000)

Any idea what could be causing this? I know the image I downloaded isn't bad, because a friend gave it to me and he used it to install 7 on his laptop.

Thanks in advance

Hi -

The bugcheck on the BSOD per the info you posted -

0x7b = inaccessable boot device --- the system cannot "see" the Windows 7 OS partition

The 2nd parm is an NTSTATUS exception - 0xc0000034 = STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND

Microsoft Help and Support - 0x7b bugchecks (general) XP = Advanced troubleshooting for "Stop 0x0000007B" errors in Windows XP
From Microsoft Help & Support - XP --You receive a Stop 0x0000007B error after you move the Windows XP system disk to another computer

Not to leave Vista out -- Error message when you start Windows Vista: "The Windows Boot Configuration Data file is missing required information"

Based on my experiences seeing the bugcheck 0x7b w/ the 0xc...34 exception, I would have to say that either magical hard drives is being played or you are using a USB device to install from/ to. That is assuming the Genuine Windows 7 DVD downloaded from Microsoft is not corrupted.

Wipe the entire internal hard drive with KillDisk, then use a good Windows 7 DVD for installation and enter the product key code that you obtained from Microsoft when prompted to do so during the installation.

KillDisk - Active@ Kill Disk. Hard Drives Eraser. Free Download.

Good Luck to you.
`

Back
Top Bottom