Windows 7 BSOD after watching certain videos

moraramis

Streaming certain videos online has caused me to get the BSOD from time to time. Its not a constant thing, but it happens enough to where its annoying, and making me wonder if its harming my system.

Attached to this post is my memory dump, cpu-z screenshots, and Rammon html file. I hope you guys can make sense of it all, and let me know what I have to do to correct it. Any help would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• W7F_04-08-2014.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 324
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck DEADDEAD, {f010012, 1a700ac, 12bc0000, 0}

Probably caused by : Netwsw00.sys ( Netwsw00+1f93fd )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
this is the most prolific dump file and a first for me as I've never seen that Bugcheck before. It actually means a manual bsod was initiated from the keyboard although certain drivers can also create this issue too.
Netwsw00.sys is an Intel Wi-Fi driver and is most likely the culprit as it also appears in the stack trace. Now usually with laptops the drivers are supplied by the manufacturer apart from the graphics as both AMD and Nvidia produce drivers which can be used on some notebooks.
Your machines support page is here:
http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/alienware-m14x-r2/drivers
I've had a quick look through and their are updates for pretty much everything including Bios. The GPU driver is of course probably best left with the latest Nvidia driver you already have installed.
Post back with any new dump files.

Back
Top Bottom