Windows 7 BSOD at intial start of the day

Davidz

Hi, I was wondering anybody can help me with this BSOD I have been having. I already reinstalled windows 7 in hope that this problem goes away. However, my efforts were futile.

I have just purchased a new desktop and my friends helped me build it from scratch. At the initial days, the computer on windows 7 professional operated with no problem. However after a couple of days, when i start the pc in the morning, the computer crashes with error 1a just a couple min after I successfully log into my account. This problem occurred 2-3 times as a restart before calming down and becomes fine.

In response to this error, I have run memtest for both memory sticks, and individual stick. However, the memory sticks passed all 3 runs respectively.

As my friend suggested that I run verifier.exe, the computer crashes right after I restart and the screen "start windows".

Can anybody give me any suggestions on how I might approach this problem?

Thank you for your time.

Hey there...

You can test the memory with Memtest86+. Overnight is best. Sometimes, it's necessary to remove all modules besides one to isolate them. Then test individually.

If any are faulty, replace.

Hi thanks for the quick reply,

However I did multiple memtests individually and in combination, but didn't get any where. All tests passed.

Now, the windows start to freeze after the log in screen. I will let the computer run a thorough memtest tonight. In the mean time, is there anything I can do?

Thanks.

Yep.

Disable Driver Verifier.

Then open an elevated command prompt. Type this command for each hard drive partition on your system, one at a time. Change C: each time to match the drive letters. Press enter after typing:

chkdsk /r C:

--------
Code:
NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM (24)
    If you see NtfsExceptionFilter on the stack then the 2nd and 3rd
    parameters are the exception record and context record. Do a .cxr
    on the 3rd parameter and then kb to obtain a more informative stack
    trace.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000001904fb
Arg2: fffff8800317e9a8
Arg3: fffff8800317e210
Arg4: fffff80002eea2b3

Debugging Details:
------------------
You're having issues with at least one of your hdds. If the command above doesn't fix the problem, a new hdd sure will.

Oh so hdd is determined to be the source of my crashes?

I did chkdsk /r C:, and it asked me to restart the computer run the diagnostic. Is there a test summary report that I could refer to? and my output didn't seem to look like the one you attached....

The good news is that the freeze and initial crash have subsidized. I'll keep a eye for any more BSOD.

Thank you.

Did the command (meaning the computer itself) complete doing everything on it's own, without intervention?

If so, I would not at all be surprised if it repaired the issue.

If you experience further bsod, post them and we shall have a look.

Right, the code I posted above is from the debugger software. The command I showed you to run checked for problems in the drive's NTFS file system, and may have done some well.

Yes the command run without any interruptions, i would like to think it successfully repaired itself.

Thank you for your great help.

Ill post BSOD if I get some.

Hi,

As I was starting computer this afternoon, I encountered 3 BSOD in the similar fashion stated previously. It would crash at always within 1 min after I log in. I attached the dumpfile for your review.

As you mentioned that it might have been hdd, I tested with the Black Caviar diagnostic software from their site. However nothing came up during the test. Do these 3 errors still correspond to my hdd?

Thank you.

Attachments

• 8-31.zip
    65.3 KB · Views: 217
Hi there I have done so as you told to switch to MSE. So the initial crashes have subsidized, however this morning after i restarted my computer, firefox kept crashing and eventually this error came up.

Could this BSOD have a connection with the last one or is it just a coincidence?

Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• 090110-18829-01.zip
    20.7 KB · Views: 213
Congrats on all updated drivers and no problem drivers installed.

Unfortunately though, this likely means the RAM is defective. You can test overnight with Memtest86+ to see if it shows errors. Sometimes, the faulty module need to be isolated and tested with all other module removed. So you may have to do one at a time to see which is faulty.

Okay, thanks for the help!!! I'll test tonight and see which ones is defective.

Can there be an error even though memtest doesn't reveal anything?

Yes, but that would be rare.

You could also do a good scan with Malwarebytes after updating the definitions to make sure you're malware-free.

hi,

you were totally right about the problem with the RAM. It appears that when I tested more intensively with memtest, unprecedented errors started to show up.

I have now replaced my RAM with a brand new ones, and the computer works great.

Thanks for all your help.

Good move with replacing the RAM. Thanks for telling us. You're welcome and much continued success. Enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom