Windows 7 BSOD caused by ntosknl

Ok, I will attempt...

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT (101)
An expected clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor in an
MP system within the allocated interval. This indicates that the specified
processor is hung and not processing interrupts.

This is what shows up in the dump file. It seems to have caught QQ.exe which might be some type of software from Tencent. If you know what this is, you might check for an update, if not, can you remove it. It might be something like Symantec catching or interrupting something, but updates would not hurt.

Edit: Your first dump file caught ccsvchst.exe which seems to be part of Norton. Perhaps this link to Norton will help.

Last edited:
Thank you for replying!
So if i use norton removal tool to remove norton will it help?
And is this a hardware issue?

It does not appear to be hardware...but the dump files do not point to anything specifically (except the delayed clock), so hard to tell for sure.

It could possibly be.

Usual causes are: Device driver, BIOS bug, hardware defect.

Seeing as device drivers are the easiest, and cheapest (free), best to go for that option first. But Saltgrass is right, Norton does not have a very good reputation. Even with Seven. Replace Norton with BSOD friendly Link Removed due to 404 Error as its replacement. Make sure Windows firewall is enabled!

Thank you for the replies guys,

I used Norton removal tool to remove it and my friend is helping me to format my computer later the day, do you guys think it will help?

Thank you for your advise
My friend had already formatted my computer but instead of using Norton, I am using MSE. Hope everything will be fine from now on...

Back