Windows 7 BSOD CLock interrupt on a secondary proccessor questions

Tasoul

HI guys this is my first time posting in this forum. I have a problem with a BSOD. "A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor"

About 2 weeks ago I upgraded my OS from Win 7 32 bit to the 64 bit and got the BSOD for the first time..

I took my comp up to a tech and he did a full test on everything and found no problems except for a few setting were off in my BIOS so he fixed that and sent the comp home with me. The last few days I have been getting them again. Ive searched for a fix online and come up with nothing. My system specs are here

Mainboard : ASRock A780GXE/128M
Chipset : AMD 780
Processor : AMD Phenom X4 9600 Black Edition @ 2300 MHz
Physical Memory : 4096 MB (2 x 2048 DDR2-SDRAM )
Video Card : ATI Radeon HD 4770
Hard Disk : Hitachi (750 GB)
Hard Disk : WDC (500 GB)
DVD-Rom Drive : HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GWA4164B ATA Device
DVD-Rom Drive : HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR8163B ATA Device
Monitor Type : AL2223W - 22 inches
Network Card : RTL8168/8111 PCIe Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
Operating System : Windows 7 Home Premium Home Edition 6.01.7600 (x64)
DirectX : Version 10.00

All my drivers are up to date aswell as the BIOS. The one thing I have read about is TLB erratum and how 64 bit OS's wont work well with it but most of the post are older and out of date. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

I don't see the Phenom X4 9600 2300MHz on the CPU Compatibility List for your board. :(

How old is this CPU? I found several cases where the problem was the CPU, which required replacing. How long did it work fine in 32-bit mode?

Yes the AMD 9600 is supported by this mobo. Look down at the quad core part.

The CPU is only a few months old. But anyhow I contacted AMD and there going to replace my CPU due to the TLB. I guess the 9500 and the 9600 dont work with any 64 bit os. :razz:

I saw that but I guess the X4 through me off.

The CPU is only a few months old. But anyhow I contacted AMD and there going to replace my CPU due to the TLB.
Super! Keep us posted.

Back
Top Bottom