Windows 7 BSOD, Freezes, etc.

Talyn

I have lots of History w/ BSOD before like IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL. They seem to have gone away after lots of diagnostics and such. Now the computer on bootup does not start, it shows a quick flash of a blue screen or shows this bsod http://i.imgur.com/82h6v.jpg, then boots up again. I start system restore, the computer works fine then I get the same problem again on bootup or waking up from sleep (sometimes.)

Here's some Info.

HP Pavilion Elite m9400t

Operating System
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40GHz 52 °C
Kentsfield 65nm Technology
RAM
6.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 399MHz (6-6-6-18)
Motherboard
PEGATRON CORPORATION Benicia (CPU 1) 45 °C
Graphics
DELL ST2010 (1600x900@60Hz)
1024MB GeForce 9400 GT (PNY) 59 °C
Hard Drives
488GB SAMSUNG SAMSUNG HD502IJ (RAID) 31 °C
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GH15L
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

Memory
(Physical)
Total 6143
Cached 1768
Available 4544
Free 2911

(Kernel)
Paged 224
Nonpaged 62

Things I have done...

HP Hardware Diagnostics System Test Passed.
Avg PC Tuneup used may times.
Uninstalled all my anti virus and installed Microsoft Security Essentials.
Check Disk.
Installed all drivers via. device manager.
Updated Bios

Thanks! Any help appreciated! Link Removed - Invalid URL

P.S Should I get more Ram?

I have lots of History w/ BSOD before like IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL. They seem to have gone away after lots of diagnostics and such. Now the computer on bootup does not start, it shows a quick flash of a blue screen or shows this bsod http://i.imgur.com/82h6v.jpg, then boots up again. I start system restore, the computer works fine then I get the same problem again on bootup or waking up from sleep (sometimes.)

Here's some Info.

HP Pavilion Elite m9400t

Operating System
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40GHz 52 °C
Kentsfield 65nm Technology
RAM
6.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 399MHz (6-6-6-18)
Motherboard
PEGATRON CORPORATION Benicia (CPU 1) 45 °C
Graphics
DELL ST2010 (1600x900@60Hz)
1024MB GeForce 9400 GT (PNY) 59 °C
Hard Drives
488GB SAMSUNG SAMSUNG HD502IJ (RAID) 31 °C
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GH15L
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

Memory
(Physical)
Total 6143
Cached 1768
Available 4544
Free 2911

(Kernel)
Paged 224
Nonpaged 62

Things I have done...

HP Hardware Diagnostics System Test Passed.
Avg PC Tuneup used may times.
Uninstalled all my anti virus and installed Microsoft Security Essentials.
Check Disk.
Installed all drivers via. device manager.
Updated Bios

Thanks! Any help appreciated! Link Removed - Invalid URL

P.S Should I get more Ram?

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
OK your way out.
Reboot if changes have been made.

Can you install Service Pack 1 it may not fix your issues completely but it will definitely help.
I've scanned through your drivers quickly and can you update your Link Removed - Invalid URL

NmsUK

Additonally since I noticed that you have a Norton/Symantec security product installed, you might want to consider removing it by using the Programs and Features applet in the control panel and follow that up by running the vendor specific proprietary removal tool located here and consider replacing that with Link Removed due to 404 Error, a free product which seems to be less likely to be involved with these types of Blue Screen issues.
Regards
Randy

Thanks alot, I'm using the norton/symnatec uninstall tool now, and updating the Realtek Driver. I already have MSE.

Malware-Bytes did not find anything.

Will install the Service pack in a second.

Talyn;
Since virtually all of your dump files suggest an issue with memory (memory corruption) with a possible exception of one or two out of 46, after you remove the Norton Product can you please read the first post in this thread;
http://windows7forums.com/blue-screen-death-bsod/38837-how-ask-help-bsod-problem.html#post140678
especially the information regarding CPU-z and RAMMon, use the windows snipping tool to produce and save the memory tab from CPU-z as well as the SPD tab with individual images of each populated slot and export the html report from RAMMon, put them all into a new folder on your desktop, zip that folder and attach it to your next post.
Thanks
Randy

Last edited:
Hi could you add to the archive the cpu and motherboard tabs from cpu-z please. I have a simple test for you as your using 4 sticks of ddr2. Can you go into your bios and turn the ddr2 voltage to 2.0v then run memtest. If memtest passes boot into windows and grab a program called occt and run a hour long stress test. The reason I've requested you turn up the ddr2 voltage is I've noticed on many systems with 4 dimms installed the memory needs just a little more power.

Last edited:
I have updated the bios, I cant seem to be able to access any of the ddr2 or memory options, i will try memtest.

Memtest passed trying occt now.

EDIT: Should I run memtest one stick at a time?

Last edited:
First occt test said CPU too hot, so we went inside the computer and cleaned up lots of the dust. 2nd occt test was completed without error.

Note: When computer was turned off to dust when it boot again no bsod's!

Thanks alot, any more suggestions? View attachment occt info.zip

Back