Windows 7 BSOD from playing specific games, have DMP files, no idea what I'm doing

SabbatX

Apologies in advance, but this isn't something I know how to deal with. I'll try to keep up. I've attached my system specs and the two recent Bluescreen logs.

So, the three programs that Bluescreen me are PCSX2, Gauntlet: Slayer Edition, and now Mr Shifty. It's been like this for about 2 years now. It's been to the technicians a few times, but that turned out to be a BIOS issue. It's been reflashed to a more recent one, and I'm replacing the Motherboard eventually. I know enough to get the Bluescreen Viewer, and I've spent all day Googling people having similar issues, but I'm not getting anywhere. Could someone help point me in the right direction?

Attachments

• 2017-04-25 18_12_10-GeForce Experience.png
    2017-04-25 18_12_10-GeForce Experience.png
    18.9 KB · Views: 446
  • 042517-8580-01.dmp
    397.7 KB · Views: 456
  • 042517-9750-01.dmp
    397.7 KB · Views: 416
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8000387a26f, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiDivideErrorFault+af )

Followup:     MachineOwner
Hi,
bugcheck 1E can be caused by a number of things from newly added hardware to faulty device drivers.

Looking through the dumps a number of possible suspects can be seen.

Avast AV suite can at times cause the odd error so please remove until after debugging has finished. You should be able to use the on board Defender in the mean time.

As the system crashes mainly when gaming please remove the currently installed driver using the DDU (display driver uninstaller, removes not only driver but any corruption too)

Install the latest driver released today (381.89): Download Drivers | NVIDIA

Your system drivers could do with updating and you'll find slightly later versions on your motherboard support page under win 7:
GA-Z77X-UD5H (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard | GIGABYTE

Please post any new dump files.

So, uninstall Avast, uninstall graphics and motherboard drivers, install the new drivers you linked me?

nooooo..

Look in the 'add and remove programs' section and remove any you find there. You'll have two chipset drivers to update although you'll only find one in the remove progs' section. That's normal so don't worry and just install both drivers after uninstalling the one chipset driver. As linked to above, any problems post back.

I don't know what I'm supposed to uninstall. I've scrolled down the list, lookes at Intel and Gigabyte, don't see anything called chipset.

Wait, I see Intel Management Engine Components. Is that it?

Last edited:
I just went ahead and downloaded all the latest drivers from the link you provided, but I don't know what to do with them.

Hi,sddsddd

Do I just uninstall all of the things by Gigabyte and restart to do the new ones?

You shouldn't need to restart with every driver just the odd one or two and the driver will normally prompt you about that anyway.

So let's say for example you want to update the Audio drivers.

You will need to remove the original driver that's already installed and the easiest way to do this is find the add and remove programs page via the control panel.

You might notice driver which do not seem related and they are probably just for different models. So to make sure you have the correct drivers, only replace those you can see in the add and remove programs section.

I know, but I'm asking which one to uninstall. What exact programs?
As I said above look in your 'Add and remove progams seection via your control panel ]

What your looking for are any driver which match's those in the motherboard support section pages.

True it is a bit of a mind numbing job but it's far better to do it this way than use an application find them you

So, the drivers I downloaded have counterparts in the Add/Remove window, or only some of them do, and I'm just doing those?

I did warn that I'm stupid.

Add/Remove window, or only some of them do, and I'm just doing those?

Basically yes although remember with the chipset driver you want both, INF and Engine management..

Best of luck and please post if get issues

That's the part I'm not understanding. Where is that? I don't see INF, and I see Management Engine Components. This is why I wanted to know exactly what to uninstall. I don't even see those words in the drivers I downloaded.

Last edited:
That's the part I'm not understanding. Where is that? I don't see INF, and I see Management Engine Components.

Click on chipset and you'll see two driver downloads like this:
chipset.JPG

To actually down the driver simply click on the part of the World where you live and it will start off with prompt, good luck.

Back