Windows 7 BSOD help please

queijao

Hello, i am getting this BSOD on my windows 7 ultimate, i upgraded from vista ultimate to windows 7 ultimate, there is the info of the BSOD:
Problem signature:
Event Name Problem: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 2070

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000007E
BCP1: C0000005
BCP2: 00000000
BCP3: 8AAEEEC4
BCP4: 8AAEEAA0
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\111909-36207-01.dmp
C:\Users\QUIJAO\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-95285-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Highlights - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

I really need that someone helps me with this problem :)

CHEERS

Hi queijao,

If you run the compatibility advisor it may tell you what is causing the problem:
Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor - Download - Microsoft Windows

Also if you 'upgraded' then it's becoming apparent that a clean install is a possible solution. We have had many users complaining of issues after upgrading with the solution almost always being to do a clean install.

Lastly, blue screens are usually caused by driver/hardware conflict so make sure you have the latest drivers. If you have already obtained said drivers, see if your system bios needs updating.

hello and thanks for the help, i did a clean install, upgraded the bios and the drivers but the problem persists
any help?

You may be able to read the WER-95285-0.sysdata.xml file. Let us know if something familiar shows up.

If you can, start in Safe mode and disable anything you do not need, like network adapters.

Check the Event Viewer to see if any Warnings or Errors might help point to the offending device.

Unplug anything you can, including second monitors.

hello and thanks for the help, i did a clean install, upgraded the bios and the drivers but the problem persists
any help?

When exactly are the blue screens occuring? Are they random or do they happen when you are doing something particular?

Another possible cause can be faulty RAM.. Try using this app: Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Test only one stick at a time so you know which one is the faulty one. Full instructions are on the above web page.

So your saying it happens when it's been sat there doing nothing for 3hrs? Is it in hibernation, sleep or screensaver?

Great news! Thanks for updating your post... What was the final solution?

Back