Windows 10 BSOD Help Please

No problem Haggisdog, just post an update when your next able and thank you for the update.

Well I did run into a BSOD again. I've attached the Dump file. I'm still wondering if it's my Memory. I'm tempted to purchase some new RAM and see what happens. The G.Sniper series is pretty reasonable and received good reviews.

Attachments

• W7F_05-12-2015.zip
    950.7 KB · Views: 287
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1A, {3f, a8669, bb67f200, bf67f200}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiValidatePagefilePageHash+285 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
two dump files were like the above which is as you know memory management whilst the other blamed the graphics driver. Please remove the existing gpu driver using this app which will clean out any residual bits of driver left behind by previous installs:
Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V15.7.1.0 Released. - Wagnardmobile Forum

Re-install the driver or update to latest version.
Support & Drivers

If the bsod continues try my suggestion og running on either one or two sticks and see if the bsod stops.

Thanks again for the suggestions. I was travelling for a few days but returned to day and uninstalled the Driver in Safe mode and re-installed. I'll monitor the status for a few days and let you know if I see anymore BSODs. I purchased some additional memory too so I'll try running the sticks one by one and see if I can isolate whether there is a bad memory stick.

Just a quick update. There was a new Nvidia driver that was released yesterday along with a Steelseries engine update so I installed both of those. I've replaced my RAM with some new memory and removed the old memory. I'll be monitoring for BSODs going forward.

Much thanks for the update. Good luck with the new hardware and hopefully you won't need to post again ( your very welcome to though :) )

Well things appeared to be pretty stable but then I hit a BSOD. It happened when I unplugged the base of my wireless mouse and plugged it directly into my mouse (this happens when the mouse runs out of battery power). It got an IRQ error on the blue screen message.

Attachments

• W7F_13-12-2015.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 301
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck A, {ffffe0010a21e778, 2, 0, fffff80154cd02a7}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiInsertTimerTable+87 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
well nothing really shouted out in the dump file as to what might be the actual cause. Bugcheck A is usually caused by either a faulty device driver, system service and bios. I see you have some Logitech software running as well as the Steel series and if i remember correctly you had a previous dump file naming the steel series mouse driver as the culprit. Does a bsod occur everytime you do what you did (I don't understand exactly what you did although know it was something to do with a mouse) .
Try repeating the process but this time turn the machine off beforehand. Swap it over and then start up, see if the bsod re-occurs.

Just a quick update. I haven't had a BSOD for about a week now so I'm feeling more confident that the problem has been addressed. At this point I think the culprit was the RAM, there were enough error messages that showed that this was the case and it was worth the $50 to see if it made a difference. I'm a little surprised that the 12 hour memory test I ran didn't identify a problem but you had mentioned that these tests don't always identify issues.

Anyways, at this point I think you can mark this issue as solved. Thanks for all of the analysis and guidance for this issue, its great to have an expert to work with troubleshooting problems like this.

Thank you for the update. In regards to memtest86, I think it's simply a case that 12hrs just isn't long enough but with users having busy lives etc it's easier to keep the figure to something smallish.
Best of luck and if need be post back.

Back