Windows 7 bsod irql driver equal or less

Maximous

Hey folks.

Im new here so i dont know exactly where to post.

But im having problems with some bsods. Are there any place in this forum where i can get some help?

Looks like a nice place this one:)

Thnx

Hi Maximous, welcome to the forum.
Could you provide some detail on your problem such as your computer set up, whether it was a clean install or upgrade and when the blue screens are occuring.
Also are you running the latest: Drivers and system bios?

I was having this same BSOD on what seemed to be random interavals. It only happened when I had a browser open.
After much searching and reinstalling every driver I had, it was a simple BIOS update for me that fixed the problem with CPU timing.
Good news is that its likely just a driver/software issue.
Bad news is that it can be any one of them.
Best of luck.

I was having this same BSOD on what seemed to be random interavals. It only happened when I had a browser open.
After much searching and reinstalling every driver I had, it was a simple BIOS update for me that fixed the problem with CPU timing.
Good news is that its likely just a driver/software issue.
Bad news is that it can be any one of them.
Best of luck.

Wise words...

That's a general hardware error. Most often it starts with faulty memory or video card error. Or can be caused by driver error. I even encountered it on my mainboard, after i changed settings in the BIOS the problem went away. If you are definitely sure it's not a driver problem, start by checking your memory on startup. (press F8 at boot)

Hey folks. Thnx for the replyes.

Im been oc my rig.
specs. Ph II c2 965 3.4Ghz @ 3.81Ghz 1.5v
Nb freq: about 2700Mhz
ram: 1400 7-7-7-20-27-1T
Water cooled (temps not higher than 52 @ 24 hous of prime blend, stabil)
The bsod never happends exept when im playing.

Driver for my 295 gtx is updated
Bios is the latest.

Im gonna check if i can run furmark stabil just to check my grafics.

If u folks need more info, just ask:):)

Hey folks.

Im new here so i dont know exactly where to post.

But im having problems with some bsods. Are there any place in this forum where i can get some help?

Looks like a nice place this one:)

Thnx

post your minidump and we can run it through windows debugger to see if theres a driver involved or it's hardware ?

Hey folks. Thnx for the replyes.

Im been oc my rig.
specs. Ph II c2 965 3.4Ghz @ 3.81Ghz 1.5v
Nb freq: about 2700Mhz
ram: 1400 7-7-7-20-27-1T
Water cooled (temps not higher than 52 @ 24 hous of prime blend, stabil)
The bsod never happends exept when im playing.

Driver for my 295 gtx is updated
Bios is the latest.

Im gonna check if i can run furmark stabil just to check my grafics.

If u folks need more info, just ask:):)

I hate to say this but to troubleshoot your bsod, you really need to return to stock settings and see if it happens then. A overclock can be stable for awhile and then just goes to cr@p. If it happen when at stock then atleast we could rule out the overclock. Also if it's happening with a browser open do you have the latest network drivers installed and what AV are you using?

I hate to say this but to troubleshoot your bsod, you really need to return to stock settings and see if it happens then. A overclock can be stable for awhile and then just goes to cr@p. If it happen when at stock then atleast we could rule out the overclock. Also if it's happening with a browser open do you have the latest network drivers installed and what AV are you using?

Agreed. Whenever trouble shooting it's always best to set everything back to it's default value.

post your minidump and we can run it through windows debugger to see if theres a driver involved or it's hardware ?

Hey thnx for feedback.

Eh. Im not sure how to get the dump file, where i get it and what to fo with it. Help?

Well all i can say is that it doesnt happend when im at stock. But any oc at all isnt stable. Im soon getting mad. LOL

Well all i can say is that it doesnt happend when im at stock. But any oc at all isnt stable. Im soon getting mad. LOL

well your minidump is normally in %system route%\windows\minidump but i think you have proved it's the overclock that's causing your crashes :(

So your saying that any overclock is unstable? Hmm.... could be your RAM. When your overclocking are you raising the bus speed or changing mulitpliers? If it's bus speed then try giving your RAM some extra juice but not much.. If your running the RAM at 1.8v don't take it above 2.00v just to be on the safe side.

well im using corsair dominator gt. They are rated 1.65v. Their at 1.66v at the moment. Should i try 1.68-1.7? Im using both multi and fsb. 18x212. Ive tried to downclock the ram but no difference. I have fan over the rams to cool extra.

Thnx for fast replys:)

ATM im using 4G 2x2, but have 8G 2x4. What do u recommend? 4 or 8? Im been playing now for some hours and havent got any bsod yet:) But im gonna do some testing tonight. Prime blend and furmark at the same

Keep it down to 2x2GB sticks.. Any more and the memory controller on the chip tends to get a little twitchy when overclocking..

Ok. So I tried to set the ram to 1.7v and for a while it seemed to work, but suddenly it bsoded agian. But as ive written before: I realy dont understand why i bsod while playing and not when stress testing? I think its wierd.... Im running Prime blend for 12-24 hours and no problem. Ive ran furmark for 12-24 hours. not one bsod:). It seems like...... To be honest i dont have a clue anymore. 1If it was a ram issue shouldtnt i bsod while testing with primeblend? test much ram it says. Memtest runs ok. It seems like when i run everything together at oc state it just dont like it for some reason.

Do i need winzip to load up minidumps????

Back
Top Bottom