Windows 7 BSOD Issue when playing game

Miscugli

Hi Guys,

I've recently download the new Football Manager 2016 game and experience BSOD when I'm in a match. I've tried playing the game 3 times and every time a match started my system rebooted and I received the BSOD error message. I've never had any problems on earlier versions of this game (it's the only game I play so I have no other comparisons). I'm playing on a desktop.

Problem:
Problem: BlueScreen
Versie van besturingssysteem: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Landinstelling-id: 1043

Extra Information:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA8004911110
BCP2: FFFFF880051456AC
BCP3: FFFFFFFFC000009A
BCP4: 0000000000000004
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

These are my systems specs. I've run the window system rating test today and received 7,5 - 7,5 - 7,1 - 7,1 - 5,9

Windows.jpg

Last edited:
I've uploaded the Dump files below using the W7F Tool.

Attachments

• DMP Files.zip
    127.4 KB · Views: 241
RammOn and Speccy test (computer has been on for about 5 hours):

Speccy.jpg

RAMMon-SPD-Info.jpg

Last edited:
I've just tried playing the Football Manager 2015 game because of the problems I had with 2016 yesterday and I'm now encountering the same problem here. I've played that game for many many hours without any issues but since I downloaded the 2016 version I keep receiving these BlueScreen crashes. I've attached the new crash below.

Attachments

• FM15 blue.zip
    34.7 KB · Views: 231
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 116, {fffffa8008d02310, fffff880051e76ac, ffffffffc000009a, 4}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+9336ac )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
all your dump files are like the above and this basically means your graphics driver tried to reset and for whatever reason didn't in the allotted time. There can be many reasons for what's called 'TDR's and usually your first best option is to remove the driver currently installed using an app called Display driver uninstaller. This also removes any old bit's of driver left behind by previous installs and gives you a clean slate to start from.
Display driver remover:
Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V15.5.1.0 Released. - Wagnardmobile Forum
(this has to be run in safe mode)

The latest Nvidia graphics driver for your card is below:
NVIDIA DRIVERS GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL

Post any new dump files.

Thanks for your reply.

Maybe a stupid question but I've tried restarting my computer 5 times now and I can't seem to get it into safe mode. I've tried pressing the F8 button the first 3 times, then the F10 and F8 button and in my last attempt I pressed all the F buttons + Tab, Caps and Shift and it doesn't seem to work.

Can I also download the latest driver and overwrite the current one or is that unsafe? Do you have another solution to get into safe mode?

When the machine boots up and just after the bios beep press the F8 key It might take a few tries.

Ideally it's best to at least remove the driver before installing the new one. Using the process described ensures a better chance of a solution.

I managed to uninstall the old driver and reinstall the new one. I managed to get into safe mode via start>msconfig

I'm going to try and play the game now and will let you know when something bad happens again. Thank you very much for your help and service so far and enjoy your day!

Well, I managed to get a few more minutes playing time in than last time but it has crashed again. This time though my system didn't reboot itself so I dont know what the problem now is. Do you know what could be wrong?

There is no dump file because I could only reboot the computer myself. I just did the W7F test and no new dump was listed?

If there isn't a dump file are you sure you actually blue screened? If your overclocking anything then stop also what are your temps like?

I don't know if it was BlueScreened because I didn't get an error message. My monitor went black and my computer didn't respond anymore. Before the driver updates my computer rebooted itself and I got the BlueScreen error when it was rebooted. Now nothing happened and I had to reboot myself and didn't get an error message when it started up.

These are my temps now.

Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i5 2500 @ 3.30GHz 56 °C
Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
RAM
4,00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
ASRock H67M (CPUSocket) 40 °C
Graphics
SyncMaster (1920x1080@60Hz)
1023MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 (CardExpert Technology) 61 °C
Storage
465GB SAMSUNG HD503HI ATA Device (SATA) 37 °C
Optical Drives
TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223C ATA Device
Audio
High Definition Audio-apparaat

Temps now 3 mins later.

Operating System
CPU
Intel Core i5 2500 @ 3.30GHz 52 °C
RAM
Motherboard
ASRock H67M (CPUSocket) 39 °C
Graphics
1023MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 (CardExpert Technology) 60 °C
Storage
465GB SAMSUNG HD503HI ATA Device (SATA) 36 °C
Optical Drives
Audio

Well they are a little warm but not too bad. Try running the sfc and see if it helps. Find command prompt in the start menu, right click on it and run as administrator. Type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results.

Check the game isn't over heating your system by monitoring temps during the game.

Check the game doesn't need patching.

Post any new dump files although I'm going out shortly so will check back in the morning.

Completed the test and nothing was found.

Patching gets updated automatically with this game.

Temp while running the game > The CPU temp is now listed in red and a lot higher than before. Is this sort of temp too much? I've just started the game and loaded my saved game without playing further. I figure it'll get even higher when I'm continuing and when I'm in match mode when graphics are used.

Operating System
CPU
Intel Core i5 2500 @ 3.30GHz 70 °C
RAM
Motherboard
ASRock H67M (CPUSocket) 40 °C
Graphics
1023MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 (CardExpert Technology) 63 °C
Storage
465GB SAMSUNG HD503HI ATA Device (SATA) 36 °C
Optical Drives
Audio

Hi,
that well could be your issue right there. The symptoms you describe could well be caused by overheating. Have you checked inside the machine for dust build up? Also are you running a stock cooler on the cpu or third party?

I think that that was the issue as well. Last night I was browsing a newspaper website and my Graphics temp suddenly went up to over 70C. I've now cleaned my computer and placed the wires a bit differently and these are my temps now while playing the game.

When I'm just browsing the internet my temps are in 30's.

Operating System
CPU
Intel Core i5 2500 @ 3.30GHz 49 °C
RAM
Motherboard
ASRock H67M (CPUSocket) 33 °C
Graphics
1023MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 (CardExpert Technology) 51 °C
Storage
465GB SAMSUNG HD503HI ATA Device (SATA) 32 °C
Optical Drives
Audio

Thanks for all your brilliant help and enjoy your day. Hopefully I'll not have to post here again anytime soon ;).

Hey that's great! Temps are looking a lot better although what is the airflow like in the case? Do you have any fans pulling cool air in or case fans expelling hot air? If not then consider making these changes. Your system will thank you for it and last a bit longer too.

Back
Top Bottom