Windows 7 BSOD issues "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT", amoung other things.

SirCabbage

Okay, so this is a fairly long story as it starts all the way back when I was using Vista (I am now using a 7 installation). For the last few months, I have been getting hard lockups, freezes, where my mouse doesnt move and I cant do or press anything. These often happened during the night, or while I was watching Movie files but also seemed to happen at complete random. I thought it was caused by an overheating GPU, as I orignally got these errors in summer (australian summer, ouch). They were easy enough to deal with, and by that I mean work in such a way they didnt happen, but throughout it all I was trying to work out just what the issue was. I did virus scans, with both Avira, and Malaware Bytes, stopped using my Portable HDD (the freezing happened more often when I was watching videos without transfering them to the Hard Drive first) But eventually it became too much, especially after it became winter, and overheating didnt even seem like an issue..

I did a memtest, and found that my old sticks of memory has a couple of random error segments. I assumed then that it was a RAM issue. One night, my computer crashed so hard it caused the safety switch of my house to go, and the power went out- TWICE. But, I cleaned my computer out very well after that, and THAT didnt happen again, so I assume that was an unrelated problem due to dust.

So I bought myself 8 gigs of new DDR2 ram. I replaced my RAM, but for some reason everything kept freezing, this time BSOD's before I even booted. The first one was just, normal. It just happened. The second one happened during some Vista Updates. I tried to do a startup repair using the Vista Install disk, and ran CHKdisk (all that did was make my drive no longer "Mine" *mutters) but still nothing worked. My installation of vista was borked. At this point I was afraid it was the HDD's dying... Luckily, a friend of mine had a copy of windows 7 he wasn't using, so I installed that and was able boot up again. At first I thought that it was over, that I was free, everything seemed to be working better then before. Especially with 8 gigs of functioning RAM.

However, that night it BSOD'D, which I assume is due to the same problem that caused my freezing. Due to now being on 7 rather then Vista, for once I was able to actually SEE the error that was causing my freezing. I downloaded the Bluescreen Viewer program, and looked. There was only one at the time, but as more came I started to see a trend.

it was always either MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, or other ones caused by ntoskrnl.exe. The ram was fine, I did multiple tests on my new ram before installing 7. So I wasn't sure now. I decided, for better or for worse, to let it freeze a few more times during the night so I can get more .dmp files for when I came to a tech forum. This morning however, it kept freezing so much I found it hard to get into my email client to activate my account on here. My most recent theory is that my RAM SLOTS are borked, so I removed the First and Third ram stick (the first set of dual channel ram). So far it hasnt frozen again, but normally the computer can go for a whole day without freezing, so I still dont know for sure if it was the slots.

So there is my long story, I am sorry it is so damn long. But I am at my wits end here. Every time I think I have fixed it it comes back. So I am going to attach my DMP's here, and hope that one of you will have a better idea then I do.

Attachments

• Minidumps.txt
    23.2 KB · Views: 505
Hi SirCabbage,
whenever you join a new forum, it's highly recommended to have a look at all the stickied threads prior to posting.
'snip
Don't expect to get any help from me... I'm here for getting help myself. ;-)
Cheers,
Andi

Thanks mate, When I was writing this post I was sort of in the middle of freezing so I didnt really have time to read the stickies as I was afraid. I attached what I had thinking it was enough, but yeah. I should have read it more when I calmed down.

Anyway, Keep in mind I had to take out my RAM from slots 1 and 3 today, so that is why my opening post says I have 8 gigs but only 4 is inside it right now. the attached files should be everything from the thread, and the Rammon HTML and CPU-Z screenies are there too.

Attachments

• Seven Forums.rar
    798.9 KB · Views: 272
Back
Top Bottom