Windows 7 BSOD ntfs ntoskrnl errors

Pat124

Honorable Member
I started out over a month ago with problems that seemed to be related to ITunes, did a couple of restores, and ever since returning from vacation, keep getting BSOD errors. I did download the BlueScreenView and found quite a few errors related to ntfs and notskrnl. I think I followed all of the directions on the How to post thread, and here are the files created. I hope someone can help!

Attachments

• w7f.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 299
  • spd.zip
    145.1 KB · Views: 235
Hi Pat,
unfortunately your zip files didn't contain any dump files, are you sure your machine is configured correctly to produce them? If not, open the control panel and head for 'System'. Look down the left hand side for 'Advanced system settings' and click that. You'll see a box appear with System Properties' along the top. Look for 'Advanced' along the top and click that. Then look down near the bottom for 'Start up and Recovery', click that and then in the drop down menu select 'small memory dump'. Click ok and close up. Once you get a couple of bsod's (a few is better but two will do) use the app found here: http://windowsforum.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help-with-a-bsod-problem.38837/ to collect them and post.

I will do this as soon as I get home tonight-I thought they were included in the W7f zip. Was there anything else missing? I was able to view the dumpfiles in Bluescreenview, so I know they are there. Thank you!

No, the computer was not configured correctly. Let's see how many BSOD I get in the next day or so and I'll post again.

Here is file - correct info this time, I hope.

Attachments

• W7F_11-03-2014.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 292
Thanks Pat. I'll await your next post. In the meantime try running a system file check to see what state your os is in. Find command prompt in the start menu, rightclick it and hit properties. Look for 'run as admin'. Once opened type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results.

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 3B, {c000001d, fffff88000000000, fffff8800a0bd150, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!IoCancelIrp+60 )

Followup: MachineOwner

Hi Pat,

all your dump files are the same and point to ntkrnlmp.exe which basically means a process or driver caused it to crash. As your machine is a lappie all your updates will come from the manufacturer and they only go up to a certain date. Your bios however does have an update/s pending so please make sure this is your exact system model and update:
http://support.toshiba.com/support/modelHome?freeText=2520800

Norton AV is known amongst debugger circles for being a cause of issues please use this tool to remove it:
https://support.norton.com/sp/en/uk/home/current/solutions/kb20080710133834EN_EndUserProfile_en_us

Please install MSE in Nortons place. The reason why we ask this is to create a known environment while the troubleshooting takes place:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/security/pc-security/mse.aspx

Please do the scan I suggested above as the dump file does hint at a windows process being the cause.

Post any new dump files after making those changes.

I started the sfc /scannow scan before I left for work. Will post results when I get home, then start the process above. Thank you!

Bios updated. Norton uninstalled. MSE installed and quick scan worked, but full scan never finishes. Scannow showed no integrity issues. I am now getting popups when I open up this website to update drivers that look really fishy. Here is latest zipped file.

Attachments

• W7F_12-03-2014.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 284
Code:

BugCheck 3B, {c000001d, fffff88000000000, fffff8800915c150, 0}

Hi Pat,
thanks for posting the above. As before all dump files are like the one above and another known cause for this type of bsod is either incorrect bios values (of which you recently updated so I'm sure your ok there) and/or faulty RAM.
Please download the app found here:
http://www.memtest.org/
You'll need to burn it to disk or USB and then boot from it. This is so your RAM can be tested fully outside of the windows environment. If your unsure about anything to do with the procedure please just ask. Oh and run it for a few passes.

I am still trying to get a full scan of system using MSE. Will try again tonight but then gone for the weekend and won't be able to work on it until Sunday.

Malware byte finally went thru and eliminated 24 files.

Memtest pass 2 complete with no errors. Just started pass 3.

Sent from my iPhone using WindowsForum

Third pass shows no problems. Have restarted 4 more times to get virus scan and windows update but keeps crashing. Any other ideas before I dump this machine?

Latest dump files attached before it crashes again.

Attachments

• W7F_16-03-2014.zip
    314.2 KB · Views: 201
ok, the zip file wasn't complete - here is complete file.

Attachments

• W7F_16-03-2014 (2).zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 245
Code:

BugCheck 3B, {c000001d, fffff88000000000, fffff880035aa150, 0}

Hi Pat,
can you try a chkdsk scan please. This will determine what state your HDD is in and if possible will repair corrupt sectors. This guide will show you how:
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/guide-to-using-check-disk-in-windows-vista/

Now the malwarebytes scan removed some nasties will MSE run through?

Keep getting bsod when I try MSE. Will try chkdsk when I get home.

Back