Windows 8 BSOD On Asus

CallmeCam

My laptop fell out of my backpack and landed on the tile floor. When I turn it on BSOD appear and the errors keeps changing. Here is the list of errors I have listed so far :
MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

The screen sometimes go cray cray you know like in the movies when it shows this overlaping lines with different colors then it stays like that. Please tell me what to do cuz im not an expert in this stuffs. Thank you.

Hi Cam,

Can you post the make and model of your device please.

Is the laptop still under warranty?

if you can access the (turn off machine before trying this) memory modules just make sure they are sitting correctly and not loose.

Please run these scans:
File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

Run a chkdsk:
The How-To Geek Guide to Using Check Disk in Windows 7, 8, or 10

Reading your dump files may help us track the issue. This thread will provide an app to collect the data which you'll need to zip up and post.
How to ask for help with a BSOD Problem

Post any new dump files.

Hi Cam,

Can you post the make and model of your device please.

Is the laptop still under warranty?

if you can access the (turn off machine before trying this) memory modules just make sure they are sitting correctly and not loose.

Please run these scans:
File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

Run a chkdsk:
The How-To Geek Guide to Using Check Disk in Windows 7, 8, or 10

Reading your dump files may help us track the issue. This thread will provide an app to collect the data which you'll need to zip up and post.

Post any new dump files.

Asus
Model : X453M
ASUSTek Computer Inc.

No warranty anymore. There are times where I can log in and sometime the laptop will turn on but the screen is black and blank and it stays like few mins then shuts by itself. When I have access to it. It only last for few mins, like I only finished type the "file scans" code you told me to do and then the BOSD will appear. I have to do faster before it appear tho.

Are you able to get into safe mode, then at least you can grab the dump files

If you can download the app found in the link provided here:
It will collect the data needed including dump files.
To get it to run try right clicking on it and run as admin. Whether you'll be able to do all this before the boot loop crash remains to be seen.

Something else you could try is booting from the install disk or from a recovery disk/USB. If you don't have one, are there any friends you could ask to help create one?
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...3a5-a286-9e98f886d490/create-a-recovery-drive

Back