Windows 7 BSOD on boot

kasper

I keep getting the blue screen of death when I try to boot up, it doesn't give me any file that is causing it, then dumps physical memory and reboots to do it all over again. I can't even start up in Safe Mode or anything, and the install disk gives me the BSOD now aswell, this is the same disk I used to install Windows 7 so I don't know what's wrong here.

Any help is helpful.

I got a BSOD with error code 80698B68 after the first reboot during Windows 7 build 7000 installation. I had installed successfully build 6801 and 6956. Only build 7000 has this problem for me. And I think it is concerned with the RAID disk that I want to use for Windows 7 installation (in a second partition H:).
Please make me know if you got the same BSOD, ad if you know what is and how to fix it...

Hmm.. I don't know the cause or anything, been searching the net for a while but can't get any info.. Doesn't seem like a lot of people get this error, or atleast they don't report it. Uhm.. Do you know if the older build is registerable with a key? Can't get this to work.

EDIT: Working now. I had to use my WinXP disk to format the drive and then tried a fresh install of Windows7 all over, after formatting with the WinXP disk. Only different thing I did this time was to leave the languages at english, rather than changing to faroese. Not sure if this has been the cause of the error, but I thought leaving everything at default would get me better chances at succeeding. Up and running now and must honestly say I'm impressed by the beta.

Last edited:
Back