Windows 7 BSOD on install

ambient

Hi,

My laptop is about a year old and suddenly BSOD's. Since then I've tried to do a complete system recovery twice, and each time I get a BSOD near the end, just after "Setup will continue after restarting your computer".

I cannot get into windows even in safe mode, so I'll list all the specs that I know:

Laptop model: [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Acer Aspire AS1410-2039 [/SIZE][/FONT]
Processor / Speed Intel® Celeron® processor 723/743 (1 MB L2 cache, 1.20/1.30 GHz, 800 MHz FSB, 10 W), supporting Intel® 64 architecture or Intel® Celeron® processor SU2300 (1 MB L2 cache, 1.20 GHz, 800 MHz FSB,10 W), supporting Intel® 64 architecture
Core Logic Chipset Mobile Intel® GS45 Express Chipset
System Bus Speed: 800 MHz Front Side Bus
RAM : Dual-channel DDR2 SDRAM support with up to 2 GB of DDR2 667 MHz memory
Video Subsystem: Mobile Intel® GS45 Express Chipset with integrated 3D graphics, featuring Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD (Intel® GMA 4500MHD)
Storage: 160/250 GB hard disk drive1, 8 Multi-in-1 card reader
Integrated Acer Crystal Eye webcam
Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™ network connection
WPAN1: Bluetooth® 2.1+EDR (Enhanced Data Rate)
Pointing Device: Touchpad
I/O Ports: Multi-in-1 card reader (SD™, MMC, MS, MS PRO, xD)
Power: ACPI 3.0 CPU power management standard: supports Standby and Hibernation power-saving modes
Battery: 47.52 W 4400 mAh 6-cell Li-ion battery pack

I've already run a chkdsk twice and memory test twice, no errors were found. I've removed and reseated the hard drive and tried swapping out the memory cards. No luck.

Please help, any advice would be appreciated. :redface:

Minidump files are attached.

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    142.7 KB · Views: 239
Hi,

My laptop is about a year old and suddenly BSOD's. Since then I've tried to do a complete system recovery twice, and each time I get a BSOD near the end, just after "Setup will continue after restarting your computer".

I cannot get into windows even in safe mode, so I'll list all the specs that I know:

Laptop model: [SIZE=-1]Acer Aspire AS1410-2039 [/SIZE]
Processor / Speed Intel® Celeron® processor 723/743 (1 MB L2 cache, 1.20/1.30 GHz, 800 MHz FSB, 10 W), supporting Intel® 64 architecture or Intel® Celeron® processor SU2300 (1 MB L2 cache, 1.20 GHz, 800 MHz FSB,10 W), supporting Intel® 64 architecture
Core Logic Chipset Mobile Intel® GS45 Express Chipset
System Bus Speed: 800 MHz Front Side Bus
RAM : Dual-channel DDR2 SDRAM support with up to 2 GB of DDR2 667 MHz memory
Video Subsystem: Mobile Intel® GS45 Express Chipset with integrated 3D graphics, featuring Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD (Intel® GMA 4500MHD)
Storage: 160/250 GB hard disk drive1, 8 Multi-in-1 card reader
Integrated Acer Crystal Eye webcam
Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™ network connection
WPAN1: Bluetooth® 2.1+EDR (Enhanced Data Rate)
Pointing Device: Touchpad
I/O Ports: Multi-in-1 card reader (SD™, MMC, MS, MS PRO, xD)
Power: ACPI 3.0 CPU power management standard: supports Standby and Hibernation power-saving modes
Battery: 47.52 W 4400 mAh 6-cell Li-ion battery pack

I've already run a chkdsk twice and memory test twice, no errors were found. I've removed and reseated the hard drive and tried swapping out the memory cards. No luck.

Please help, any advice would be appreciated. :redface:

Minidump files are attached.

Probably not hardware. The BCC indicates a critical OS process either terminated suddenly or was closed.

First run a system file check to verify and repair OS files.

Run a system file check to verify and repair your system files.
To do this type cmd in search, then right click to run as administrator, then
SFC /SCANNOW

Read here for more information SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker - Windows 7 Forums

Let us know the results from the report at the end.

Second

The following actions might prevent an error like this from happening again:

1. Download and install updates and device drivers for your computer from Windows Update. Please use these links to check for SP-1 readiness then update to sp-1

2. Download Details - Microsoft Download Center - System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 (KB947821) [May 2011]

Download Details - Microsoft Download Center - System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB947821) [May 2011]

Steps to follow before you install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 from the Microsoft Download Center

ISC Diary | Windows 7 / 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 Problems

links courtesy jmh
3-Scan your computer for malware using malwarbytes

Last edited:
Hi,

Thanks for your quick response--it's really appreciated!

I was able to run SFC /SCANNOW with the OFFBOOTDIR option. No issues found.

Malwarebytes doesn't offer a bootable iso, so I downloaded the one from Kaspersky--it found and corrected one virus. After that, unfortunately, Windows crashes almost immediately after starting each time.

Since I couldn't find any hardware issues I decided to just go and ordered a new copy of Windows. I'm hoping that will take care of the issue.

I really appreciate all your input....many thanks again :subdued:

Hi,

Thanks for your quick response--it's really appreciated!

I was able to run SFC /SCANNOW with the OFFBOOTDIR option. No issues found.

Malwarebytes doesn't offer a bootable iso, so I downloaded the one from Kaspersky--it found and corrected one virus. After that, unfortunately, Windows crashes almost immediately after starting each time.

Since I couldn't find any hardware issues I decided to just go and ordered a new copy of Windows. I'm hoping that will take care of the issue.

I really appreciate all your input....many thanks again :subdued:

My pleasure and let us know if you need help

Ken

Back
Top Bottom