Windows 10 BSOD on new PC

schischka025

Hi
I bought a new computer twenty days ago, and it was working well for ten days when windows started to crash. I was running windows 7 at that time. And I thought that OS is making those problems, so i installed windows 10. But random windows crash happens several times a day.
Thank you
Nino

Attachments

• W7F_15-11-2016.zip
    774.9 KB · Views: 321
  • sysinfo.png
    sysinfo.png
    34.9 KB · Views: 455
  • GPU.png
    GPU.png
    15.6 KB · Views: 401
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 50, {ffff840cac0092c2, 0, fffff8062729cdd0, 2}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswSnx.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswSnx.sys

Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : fileinfo.sys ( fileinfo!FIPfInterfaceOpen+1e0 )

Followup:     MachineOwner
Hi,
you have a number of different bugchecks although they all, in some way, relate to memory.

However, I can see that the dump file containing Bugcheck 1A (Severe Memory Management issues) had a specific crash number which tells us that it was most likely a driver causing the problems.
In fact the only driver actually mentioned is the one above 'aswSnx.sys'. This driver can also be seen in the Call Stack which is a record of the last routines ran around the time of the crash.

aswSnx.sys: Avast! Virtualization Driver

So please remove the Avast Security suite and just use the default Defender for now. Defender is extremely stable so see if the bsod stops.

Run these scans just to make sure your corruption and bug free:

File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

Malwarebytes
Checks for malware. I have the Pro version of this and simply run it alongside Defender which works a treat.

RAM
If the bsod continues then you'll need to test your RAM. Windows does have a memory testing app but it can miss errors and the best app for the job is Memtest86.
If you open the link below you'll see you can run Memtest86 in two ways. You can either burn it to disk or install it onto a USB drive it's entirely up to you. You'll then need to enter the bios to change the boot order so you can boot from either the Disk or USB stick you have Memtest86 on.
You must test for at least 12 hours unless it becomes obvious there is a problem straight away.
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Post any new dump files.

The dumps I looked at all point at memory corruption. I would start by running memtest86 for at least 7-10 passes and see if you have bad memory. If you have more than 1 stick you will want to repeat this test with 1 stick then another until you find the bad module.

The dumps I looked at all point at memory corruption. I would start by running memtest86 for at least 7-10 passes and see if you have bad memory. If you have more than 1 stick you will want to repeat this test with 1 stick then another until you find the bad module.
Agreed but they also had a bugcheck parameter of 41792 (Bugcheck 1A) This means a corrupted PTE has been detected and can mean that software is involved.
Code:
BUGCHECK_P1: 41792

Code:
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  CODE_CORRUPTION

Yeah saw that, I didn't look at the driver list though, I agree with you Avast could corrupt that just as easily.

Ok
So i removed Avast. And started scan but I encountered an error.
Malwarebytes found no malware.

Attachments

• error.png
    error.png
    25.4 KB · Views: 449
Hi,
if you look at the command you wrote you'll see you forgot to include the spaces which are equally as important.

Open a new command prompt and this time copy and paste the command. Please remember if it successfuly repairs file to run the first scan again

I've done all scans. Now I'll just wait to see if bsod will happen again, and if it happens again I'll run Memtest86
Thank you guys for your help.

Hi, once again.
last night I got another BSOD so I immediately started Memtest86 to run overnight. Memtest86 found a large number of errors, so is it 100% defective RAM, or it may be the motherboard to??
And thank you once again

Attachments

• 20161117_122737.jpg
    20161117_122737.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 379
Wow, that is a lot of errors too..
As I'm sure your aware you will need to replace your RAM.

It's actually quite rare to find the motherboard is at fault so for now at least I wouldn't worry about it.

Before replacing the ram would it possible to see screenshots of rammon and cpu-z memory tabs as misconfigured ram can do this.

If you only bought it twenty days ago then I wouldn't replace anything. Take it back to where you bought it and let them sort it out.

A brand new laptop shouldn't be blue screening after such a short time under normal circumstances so do take it back if you can.

Ah it's a laptop, I'd somehow missed that. Yes just take it back and insist on a replacement

If you only bought it twenty days ago then I wouldn't replace anything. Take it back to where you bought it and let them sort it out.

A brand new laptop shouldn't be blue screening after such a short time under normal circumstances so do take it back if you can.
That will be my next step. Anyway thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom