Andrew987

Hi,

I have been having strange issues recently. Since september or so I have had 4 BSODs when using Windows Media Center Live TV, I thought it was related somehow to the tunner, but today I also got BSOD when not using live TV (although I was testing a different, external tunner when it crashed and I was in WMC, not live TV)

I tested RAM with memtest86 2 days ago, for an hour or so only but there were 0 errors.

minidump from 2 days ago wasn't saved, it was page_fault_in_nonpaged_area
2nd last file from today is system_service_exception and newest minidump isKernel_security_check_failure

CPU Z screens and W7F zip attached (W7F includes RAMMon SPD info)

I would greatly appreciate any help or tips.

Thank you very much.

Attachments

Solution
Thank you for the info. I think your issue is both amperage and possibly a loose connection.
Your new card needs around 20A on the 12v rails. I actually couldn't find the exact figure but other googling led me to discover that for Cross-fire you'd need 43A for both cards. Your PSU whilst having enough Watts only kicks out 17A on the 12v Rail which is why it kinda works still but can and will let you down. (This is of course made worse if your overclocking) Please try and verify my findings and you'll see for yourself. I also think that when you last went inside the case it might be possible that a connection somewhere has become loose. These recent events were not occurring before you went inside the case so it has to be linked or it's...
Thank you for a quick response. I have just ran scannow as administrator, found no problems. I am still using the old PSU as it gave 0 trouble. If some problems with starting PC come up I would buy a new one. I will reinstall WMware, update bios and run memtest in the next days and report back if there is something relevant. Thanks again.