Windows 7 BSOD playing games

I'm guessing I will have to show you my bios voltages settings. I will post them in the morning. Hopefully we can sort it out them then.

Hi Jack,
You could also try running all four sticks at 1333MHz which they will default to anyway. I presume you've been changing them to the correct speed via the bios yes?

It was defaulted to 1333mhz.
The file uploaded are my bios settings.k

Attachments

• IMG_0663[1].JPG
    IMG_0663[1].JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 293
Wow your CPU voltage is looking a tad high. I'd set the Bios to optimised defaults as a start off. Let's get everything back to normal running as your RAM looks overvolted too.
Once it's at optimised defaults check your RAM speed and you should find it's 1333MHz. Go into DRAM configuration and set it so it's at 1600MHz. If your unsure on how to do this check your motherboard manual.

That looks better! :) How is the system running now, any better?

How come your not getting any dump files? Did you remove the pagefile (you need at least 200MB Pagefile for dump file creation)? In any case I'd remove the two sticks as you suggested and see how you go.

I am not sure if my fiddling in the bios had anything to do with the memory controller, and frankly I am not 100% what it does. But Is it possible out of my 4 sockets for ram that the far right 2 are wack? Or does the memory controller affect all 4. Do you get what I am asking?

No Idea. How would running with only 2 sticks change anything? Just curious.
In my previous posts I've explained that the onchip AMD memory controller can sometimes be a little weak especially when running 4 sticks of RAM.

This is why I asked you to remove two sticks to see if the bsod will stop.

According to you apparently it did.

You then installed two different sticks of RAM making the total running 4 again and the bsod came back.

Or did it?

If your not getting a dump file created and you haven't changed any settings then chances are your not blue screening.

Or does the memory controller affect all 4.

The memory controller controls all RAM.

Pop the sticks back in and see if it actually blue screens. No dump file should mean no bsod unless you actually see a blue screen appear.
If it is just crashing then obviously we need to discover what is causing the machine to crash. Does this still occur when playing games?

Last edited:
Well I have had the most success of evading the bsods while running on 2. So far so good. I will reinstall the other 2 if it occurs again today. Hopefully if it does a dump will be recorded.

Back