Windows 7 BSOD please help

zkuehn

I am getting a constant blue screen and need some help please. I am running windows 7 32 bit pro on dual 8800 gtx graphics cards, asus 32 deluxe sli motherboard, dual amd processors, asus wifi ap solo wireless. I am not sure about a couple of the specific specs because my friend built this computer and I am not up to that level, but can find whatever else you need. I have attached a zip file with my crash dumps along with a bunch of other information about my computer during the recent crashes. let me know if you need any other information, and thank you in advance for trying to help!

Attachments

• Windows7_Vista_jcgriff3.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 697
  • Windows7_Vista_jcgriff2.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 451
Hey and welcome. I see you ran Jcgriff's script to obtain info. Very cool. He's a very knowledgeable person for sure.

You're getting 0x116 stop errors, which are video timeout errors. There are a million reasons this could be happening. The actual video driver is almost never the cause (unless really old version like from 2008.)

You are using this video driver currently:

Code:
nvlddmkm nvlddmkm.sys Tue Jan 12 00:32:34 2010
It would simply be good practice to install the latest driver from here, although this alone will not fix the problem:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

--------------

You have sptd.sys on the system which is notorious for causing bsod and other issues. Please uninstall Daemon Tools and then uninstall sptd.sys using the installer/uninstaller found here:

DuplexSecure - Downloads

Then you may install PowerISO for emulation. It never causes any bsods:

PowerISO - Create, Edit, Compress, Encrypt, Split, Mount, Extract ISO file, ISO/BIN converter, Virtual Drive

---------

I also see you have AVG installed which is actually the most notorious antivirus on the market. Please uninstall this using the special tool found here:

AV Uninstallers - Windows 7 Forums

Then you can install MSE which never causes performance issues or bsod on any hardware.

----

After doing these things, please let us know how it is going. Please post a new crash dump if it becomes necessary. Good luck!

Last edited:
Thanks for the Reply.

So i uninstalled all of the programs and installed MSE & the new video driver. Unfortunately the computer is still having problems. The blue screens have stopped however.

I believe my video card is still having problems because when running at random times red pixels show up in squiggly lines all across the screen. Sometimes this freezes the computer, and sometimes it recovers. However, it does not crash so there is no information that I am familiar with to know what is causing the problems.

In addition, on occasion windows will not completely boot, and after the windows loading screen upon turning the computer on it just remains black. Again, there is no way to know to my knowledge what the problem is though.

I ran windows recovery and it said it could not fix the problem.

I am thinking the way to fix this may be just to reinstall the OS again. However, if anyone has any suggestions or ways to obtain info on the problems I am willing to try any route before reinstalling.

If I do reinstall the OS, is there any specific way that is best to remove all problems and get it running cleanly?

Thank you in advance.

Sounds like the video card is failing due to faulty capacitors. I would try another video card in the system to see how it goes, if possible.

Back