Windows 7 BSOD, Please help!

evilmuah

Hello, I've had the BSOD occur nearly once daily in the last couple of weeks. I'm pretty worried about this because, although I back-up regularly, I have a lot of really important documents on my laptop. I'm hoping that someone may be able to help me. I have read the stickies and I hope I've included as much information as desired. I really appreciate the help as I am not particularly computer-savvy.

I have a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 4105

BCCode: 7a
BCP1: FFFFF6FC50055310
BCP2: FFFFFFFFC0000185
BCP3: 000000007DEB3820
BCP4: FFFFF8A00AA62BD6
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Thanks,
Angela

Attachments

• BSOD Prob.rar
    445.6 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
looking at your files this would be a Dell Inspiron 1545 which has a dual core processor and uses DDR2 ram running windows 7 OS 64bit ?

your .dmp file shows a 7e in bluescreen view and in windows debugger the same stating : Probably caused by : discache.sys ?

this could be drivers or BIOS or hard drive or possibly antivirus or third party firewall so as a good starting point I would get all your drivers up to date first ?

To do this I would check your BIOS as there is an update available bringing you up to 4/27/2010 and then update all of your system drivers such as chipset and gfx card, sound card, network card Link Removed - Invalid URL .....

Also get a monitor on your temperatures which currently show in your CPU-ID report as Hardware monitor Temperature 60°C (139°F) ?

let us know how it goes ?

Thank you for your help ickymay but I have already attempted to update all of my drivers a few days ago using the Dell website. I updated everything that was urgent or recommended but ended up with more problems than when I started. My video and display were screwed up. My 'hibernate' and 'sleep' options were greyed out, etc. After doing some searching, I found several people who insist that you not update drivers from a manufacturer website but only get things directly from Intel and things like that. So I ended up doing a System Restore to just put it back to the original situation.

So...that leaves me in the same boat as I was in originally. Without some guidance on what drivers I should update and where to find those updates...I'm pretty lost.

Back