Windows 10 BSOD Related to "ntoskrnl.exe+22de6a" ATTEMPTED_TO_WRITE_TO_READ_ONLY_MEMORY

Panic

Fairly new built system getting a bsod. Seems to happen alot more when waking from sleep but not always.

Ran memtest for a few days and checked out fine. ran tests on the nvme drive seems fine aswell.

Attachments

• 050320-26875-01.dmp
    4.3 MB · Views: 173
  • 050420-27609-01.dmp
    4.2 MB · Views: 175
Last edited:
Hi,
I took a look at your dumps several times but it would help if you had more for us to look at.

The more the better really.

In the meantime let's check on the state of Windows and see if it's corrupted or not:

Open an admin command prompt.
Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

Hey thanks for the response. I did actually already run sfc and dism and everything was fine. No corruption detected. I'll try to recreate the bsod to grab more dumps if possible. I disabled hardware acceleration in my browser's and got rid of a few unneeded applications. Just to see if there is any change.

I took a quick look through your driver stack and noticed MSI Afterburner, are you overclocking anything?

Adterburner is also known for being a cause of bsod's so try removing as a test.

Also if you have any third party software installed which is no longer used please uninstall it.

Soething else you could try is the driver verifier. This will stress drivers to see if any bsod. The culprit should hopefully be captured on the dump file created.

Using Driver Verifier to fix Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) errors - Troubleshooter

Make sure you have a rescue USB or disk as the verifier can sometimes create a boot loop. You use the rescuedisk/usb to boot into safe mode and turn it off.

I did however I uninstalled It before the last BSOD. (it didn't record a dump for some reason) I'm beginning to suspect It may be related to ICUE for my H100i Platinum. Did some searching around online and apparently ICUE is causing some issues with voltages etc On the Ryzen 3000 series.

Hmm... Check in the ICUE settings. If SDK is checked off uncheck it. I had to do this too as it messed with one or two apps I had running.

Well, It just happened again. I've been shutting the pc down and it's been fine. So I was curious and decided to put the pc to sleep for about 30 mins and After waking up from sleep after a few minutes I got another BSOD. Included the minidump.

Attachments

• 050820-26359-01.dmp
    3.2 MB · Views: 239
Well it's saying league of legends was at fault.

Did you start playing it and then the bsod?

Do other games bsod?

Yeah, it happens if i launch chrome/league/ pretty much anything after the system wakes from sleep. this occasion It bsod'd during the loading screen. I has crashed during yt browsing etc. I have since disabled hw acceleration on my browser and haven't really crashed but I'm not sure if that is because I haven't been letting it sleep or not.

Last edited:
I seem to remember a fix from a while ago for this.. I may be wrong but try turning off Hybrid sleep:

hybrid.jpg

Unfortunately, That was already disabled, I do have a secondary gpu to driver my Other monitors. I wonder if something funky is going on with it..

I guess the best way to test would be to remove one gpu if you suspect something. See if the bsod still occurs with the one gpu installed?

Also post anymore dump files you may have.

Got a few different BSOD's recently, here are the dumps for those.
Was reading it could be related to my samsung nvme driver, I uninstalled the samsung supplied driver and reverted back to MS

Attachments

• 050820-28671-01.dmp
    3.1 MB · Views: 159
  • 051020-25937-01.dmp
    3.1 MB · Views: 195
  • 051220-25625-01.dmp
    819.4 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Hi,
your right in one of the dumps mentioned your nvme

Code:
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  AV_secnvme!unknown_function

I see from your above post you have already taken steps regarding this.

Another dump blamed something called Focusrite USB which i believe is related to an audio device of some sort?

You could try removing as a test or if it needs a driver see if there's an update?

The other dump blamed a windows process but this may have been triggered by a driver.

Well, It seems to be better now.

I unhooked my DAC (focusrite scarlet) because It has caused issues in the past and I didn't even think about it.

I also uninstalled the nvme driver and so far everything is okay.

I'll update you if I have anymore Issues.

Thanks for the help bro much appreciated!

Many thanks for the update and of course if issues reoccur please post back. :)

Back