Windows 8 BSOD sometimes a couple of times a day

voyager4000

Hello, I realy don't know what is wrong, I have this problems for a long time, The shop where I bought my pc has changed the mainboard, processor,memory,videocard and I bought another SSD but nothing changed, BSOD still comming. Most of the time I get a BS when I start youtube or my music program Cubase. I use a RME Fireface 400 audio interface and use the latest firmware. I hope somebody can help me with my problem because it's driving me crazy.

Attachments

• W7F_23-11-2014.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 496
I checked your zip file but found no dump file present. Make sure your machine is set up to create dump files by making sure your settings are like this:

Go to Start and type in sysdm.cpl and press Enter
Click on the Advanced tab
Click on the Startup and Recovery Settings button
Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked
Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump << where your .dmp files can be
found later.
Click and apply to exit the dialogs, then reboot for the changes to take effect.

Once you bsod again and you've made the above changes look in the main Windows folder for 'Minidump'. You'll find the dump files inside this folder.

Thanks for your help kemical.
Just went home and started my pc, and...yes BSOD again :(
I have the minidump file of this.

Attachments

• W7F_23-11-2014.zip
    36.9 KB · Views: 228
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck A, {c80000002c, 2, 0, fffff8032bc2ed49}

Probably caused by : 1394ohci.sys ( 1394ohci!IoWorkers::FlushWdfDmaTransaction+29 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
the above Bugcheck can be caused by a number of things ranging from drivers, system service and Bios. The probable cause is blaming the Windows Firewire driver although it's entirely possible that something else is causing it to crash as apposed to it just being corrupted. I did check the Fireface 400 Compatibility for Windows 8 and it came back inconclusive. Try updating what I suggest below first but you may end up coming back to this driver. If the bsod's continue after the updates then try removing the Fireface 400 driver as a test. If you then don't bsod it's a compatibility issue with windows 8 and we'll take it from there.
The Bugcheck gives us a range of options to check and I notice your system Bios is out of date. Updates for stability are included in the new updates so it's worth perhaps updating.
BiosVersion = 1108
BiosReleaseDate = 09/21/2010
This video and guide shows how to update the Bios.
http://www.asus.com/uk/support/FAQ/1008279/
http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20070215223109668&board_id=1

You'll need to download the bios which you can do from here:
http://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards/P6T/HelpDesk_Download/
(If you have trouble finding them look in the Window 7 64bit category)

Check your system for corruption by running the system file checker. Type in the search box command prompt then right click on it and run as admin. Type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results.

dtsoftbus01.sys Thu Jun 20 08:22:51 2013: Daemon Tools known on occasion to cause issues. If the bsod continues try removing to test.

Please run the Intel update utility:
http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect

Post any new dump files.

and the next BSOD :waah::waah:
If I run the intel update utility and go to the Find drivers>auto detect it shows nothing, not even the installed version?? I can not open or zip the minidump file, it say "acces denied" :andwhat:
Also looked for a newer bios version but the one I have is the latest for the P6t de luxe V2

Sorry it took so long for responding. The issue is solved. The RME audio interface couldn't handle the internal Firewire with the Via chip, After installing an Firewire card with a Texas Instruments chip all the problems were gone. SOLVED, I'm glad.

Back