Windows 10 BSOD starting again.

I always growl @ my son for doing this, but would it help temporarily to leave the case "open".. its running 86-87F during the day inside the room right now.. our AC just can't keep up.
Also, did you get a chance to look @ the PSU readouts? I don't know if I need to replace it or not. I do want to get 3 more HD's and a more modern graphics card, as well as another 16G of ram.... SOMEDAY.

Also, there are 4 cpu temps.. i finally found the temp limit for the cpu and its 61c. So, I'm thinking I should set an alarm for that temp but of the 4 i have no clue which to monitor.. they are not the same.

I always growl @ my son for doing this, but would it help temporarily to leave the case "open".. its running 86-87F during the day inside the room right now.. our AC just can't keep up.
Almost definitely especially if you can train a normal house fan at he internals too.

Also, there are 4 cpu temps.. i finally found the temp limit for the cpu and its 61c. So, I'm thinking I should set an alarm for that temp but of the 4 i have no clue which to monitor.. they are not the same.

Get coretemp it'll show you the correct temp for that cpu. CoreTemp

coretemp matched hwinfo so I set the alarm for overheat
upload_2017-7-20_7-40-47.png

After the temp in the house dropped I was able to play warthunder for short time without an alarm.
I'm going to have my son open the case up today.. supposed to hit 110F heat index today *sigh*

Also since you have been watching the temps (nice job by the way) Has the system been running fine otherwise?

Bear please run HWiNFO64 and see what the voltages are set to in there. You'll need to see 'VID' as well as Vcore as they can differ.

Thank you.

Your vcore is slightly high as Rich says.

It may be just down to the piece of silicon the chip is on. It's a bit of a lottery and some chips will need more vcore than others.

If you guy's have never manually changed the vcore then I'm tempted to say leave it but you could try reducing it to 1.35v. It also looks like the LLC is enabled because you can see the voltage increase's.
LLC or load line calibration is something used by overclockers to counter vdroop and normally you don't need it enabled under stock running conditions.

More voltage means higher temps so it can be worth finding what your true vcore is and not just the one assigned by the motherboard.

Well, happy to report systems been very nice *knock on wood* for a while now..
upload_2017-8-27_19-1-38.png

I let this run 24/7 and this report is after a passmark benchmark run
upload_2017-8-27_19-3-30.png

I'm fairly sure it's nvidia's geforce experience. I've removed it and things seem wonderful as I said.

Hi Bear!

thanks for the update and yes looking a lot better.. :)

CRAP! here we go again *sigh*... I removed the asmedia usb drivers and replaced them with Asus drivers because I am having a problem with my wd passport ultra 1tb external drive been seen by device manager but no drive letter assigned. If I go to diskpart and assign one it will be gone on reboot. Automount IS active. My usb thumbdrive works fine.
now, I get a bsod *sigh*
This error was received during log collection.. ( which is running SUPER slow )

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\WINDOWS\dxdiag.txt'.
File name: 'C:\WINDOWS\dxdiag.txt'
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.FileIO.FileSystem.CopyOrMoveFile(CopyOrMove operation, String sourceFileName, String destinationFileName, Boolean overwrite, UIOptionInternal showUI, UICancelOption onUserCancel)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.FileIO.FileSystem.CopyFile(String sourceFileName, String destinationFileName, UIOption showUI, UICancelOption onUserCancel)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.MyServices.FileSystemProxy.CopyFile(String sourceFileName, String destinationFileName, UIOption showUI, UICancelOption onUserCancel)
at W7F_Diagnostic_Tool.Form1.Button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8794 (WinRelRS2.050727-8700)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
W7F Diagnostic Tool
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file://BEARSPC/Downloads/W7F%20Diagnostic%20Tool/W7F%20Diagnostic%20Tool.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.8784 (WinRel.050727-8700)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8793 (WinRelRS2.050727-8700)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8784 (WinRel.050727-8700)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Here's the error when I try to assign a drive letter..
upload_2017-9-3_22-13-2.png

finally got the dang zip made.. I had to create a blank dxdiag.txt file :(
sfc & dism showed..

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.15063]
(c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
Version: 10.0.15063.0

Image Version: 10.0.15063.0

[==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.
The operation completed successfully.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

Attachments

• W7F_03-09-2017.zip
    154 KB · Views: 296
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom