Windows 10 BSOD Steam Games Problems

I don’t think it’s the games fault.
Anyway I can’t complete a file scan because after about 10 mins of command prompt it blue screens whether I have a game running or not. I haven’t tried changing the anti virus yet.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
Version: 10.0.17134.1

Image Version: 10.0.17134.407

Error: 1726

The remote procedure call failed.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log

This is what it says when I try to run it now

What about the app SeaTools?

Any results

The first scan is the scannow and may repair files too. Try running it a number of times followed by DISM.

Ran both the long and quick scan on fix all, both of them passed. About 10 minutes after I finished scanning it blue screened. I've attached the updated dumps from today.

Attachments

• W7F_07-12-2018 (updated dumps).zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 224
Hi,
I went over your dump files with some being bugcheck 1A, 50 and 3B which usually point to memory issues.

I could also see NTFS issues although this could explain why:

------------------------
Disk & DVD/CD-ROM Drives
------------------------
Drive: C:
Free Space: 10.7 GB
Total Space: 228.5 GB

Windows needs spare HDD/SSD space in order to carry out various tasks when running the operating system. Ideally if you can keep 25% of your drive free Windows will run better.

Cam you run the windows memory test again? If you remember it came back with hardware errors the first time around, see if it's changed any.

Space has been an issue. I've found a 500GB hard drive which I was transferring 109GB of data on to. Unfortunately it Blue Screened with about 20GB to go. It might be an idea to run the test first now and leave the files to transfer overnight. A lot of the data still transferred so maybe it won't take as long this time. Should I try to continue the file transfer in hope that it will say after about 25GB that I don't need to I can skip 75% of the files? Also, if I knew that it would blue screen randomly like that I probably would have tried the transfer in chunks of about 20GB but it's a bit late now.

As you mention, if your getting issues transfering large chunks of data then try reducing the size.

I now understand why it was so hard to get a dump file created.. ;)

Personally i would remove as much as you possibly can, uninstall anything that's no longer used and try and get to that figure of 25% free.

I have moved 100GB of data to the hard drive so my PC storage is about 60% full. I'll run some tests now and see if I get any blue screens.

So the way I did it which probably isn't correct is by copying the files from the steam folder in to the hard drive. When I launched steam it started re-installing games which I had installed. My guess is that it installs straight to my system reserved which would make me incredibly annoyed. So when it finishes installing I'll see where it goes. It still blue screens btw.

More dumps if anything has changed.

Attachments

• W7F_08-12-2018 more.zip
    3 MB · Views: 180
It looks like by default it installs to Program Files x86 and simply creates the files. Is there a way to choose where to send the install to (the hard drive)?

If you look in STEAM settings you'll see that you can change your library location under Downloads.

Your dump files included Bugcheck 50, 1A, 4e.

This means a severe memory management issue occurred and it would be prudent to test your RAM.

The last dump file was caused by War Thunder.

So correct me if I'm wrong but these are the main problems:
The RAM is causing the blue screens which are the main problems, to sort this I'll probably go to the shop ask if they can fix in some new RAM. As for storage, I'll re-install my games onto the hard drive which should help out the PC.

The RAM is causing the blue screens which are the main problems
If you remember, the last time you ran windows memory tester it came back with hardware issues.

This doesn't mean for a certainty that the RAM is faulty just extremely suspect.

Ideally it would be better for you to test the RAM using Memtest86 as this should clear up any doubt.

The bugcheck 50's might even be caused by MCAFEE something which you were advised to remove.

Troubleshooting an issue can be either quick if your lucky but usually it can take some time hunting down the culprit.

MCAFEE was put on by the people at the PC shop. I’ll head there now and tell them what you told me so they can diagnose and hopefully fix the problem for sure.

You could always show them this thread as well as the dump files

I have told them where the dumps are and it they’ll see if it needs new ram. I’ve told them about the bugchecks and it will be ready by Tuesday

Back