Windows 10 BSOD THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER ATI (dxgkrnl.sys + hal.dll + atikm

Understood. Let's hope it continues.. :)

Any problems post back.

So unfortunately i am back with BSOD.
It happened in "IDLE" i had open just Opera browser (Youtube - paused video)... i went afk, and when I come, i saw that PC is turning off.

In attachment are new dump file/s. Thanks :(
I can say, that changes wich we made didn't helped at all... (Btw i am on stock CPU + RAM...)

Dude you need to post the dump file.. I checked the others in case you had posted it there but nope. Please post asap.

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 100000EA, {ffffe00090e8e400, 0, 0, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys
Probably caused by : dxgkrnl.sys ( dxgkrnl!TdrTimedOperationBugcheckOnTimeout+24 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
as you can see the same bugcheck as the last dump file. I noticed the process running at the time was this:

Code:
PROCESS_NAME:  GPUTweakII.exe

IOMap64.sys Thu Oct 23 01:52:12 2014: Asus GPU Tweak Please remove.

I can see that something caused a TDR (timeout detection and recovery) but it doesn't say what. It could be the above process simply because of it's nature so it's worth removing to test.
AMD have also released a new driver: AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.5.2

Try using the DDU to remove the original and install the latest driver.

If the bsod still continues after with the same bugcheck then we are going to have to think about testing your current card to determine if it's at fault.

Post any new dump files.

Thanks. I am going to install the new drivers, and uninstall the GPU Tweak. I still think that it will be the Graphic card. May it be caused by for example RAMs? (Faulty rams...) or CPU? MB?
(btw few months back, i was testing rams in memtest for more than 24h... and it was ok.)

Yes, every dump - the same...

It is looking more and more likely that there is an issue with the card but I just want to make sure we don't miss anything.

If you ran memtest86 for 24hrs then it sounds like your RAM is fine. Also there has been nothing to indicate it's anything else other than the card or drivers.
See how you go after making the above changes.

Hello everybody. So I am back again.

Again i got freeze. I was afk, so it freezed in idle time, i think, that in the moment when the screen turned off (monitor) (energy saving settings after 10minutes), but I had to hard reset my PC, because it didn´t show any bluescreen, and pc was just freezed...

Please what to do now? I can order new card, and test it for example for 14 days and see results. Any tips?

Hi,
can you check the last entries in the event log as you might see something linked?

How much free space is there left on the 120GB drive?

Your browsers, are they the latest versions?

Please run the sfc scan again. Open an admin command prompt, type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results.

If you can get a different gpu to test with then sure. Do make sure about their returns policy though.

Hi, i attached events. I don´t have idea what to check. ( It happened - freeze 17:40 .. 17:45 17.05.2016 )

Browsers are last versions ofc.

27GB Free space on SSD

i will post scan results later.

Attachments

• EVENTS.rar
    421.3 KB · Views: 227
27GB Free space on SSD
This isn't much and ideally you want at least 40GB free so windows has room to do what it needs to. Try going through the drive and see if you can increase the free space.

Nothing in the events screamed out but then again a fresh pair of eyes might help so I'll check it over again in the morning.

See if you can get that free space close to 40GB.

I run memtest86 overnight. Results - screenshot.

I run sfc /scannow:
Results here:
C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired
them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For
example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not
supported in offline servicing scenarios.

Attachments

• IMG_20160518_070737.jpg
    IMG_20160518_070737.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 296
I see the sfc scan found corrupt files which it repaired. Now run the scan below.
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

The memory seems ok so I would try and get some more free space on that SSD.

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
Version: 10.0.10586.0

Image Version: 10.0.10586.0

[==========================100.0%==========================]
The restore operation completed successfully.
The operation completed successfully.

I don´t think, it had something to do with SSD free space. It was happening even when i had 50% free space or more.

Damn, I didn't get an alert you'd posted sorry about that.
I don´t think, it had something to do with SSD free space. It was happening even when i had 50% free space or more.
Ok understood, personally I'd still like to see more free space but I guess as long as you don't reduce the free space further you'll be ok.

As you've not posted yet I guess your still waiting to see if the freeze occurs again. The SFC scan can be quite effective at times and I'm hoping this is one of them.. :)

Hello Kemical, Today BSOD again, the same dump, the same error.

The new graphic card is now in my machine for testing. Lets see if it helps :).

The new graphic card is now in my machine for testing. Lets see if it helps :).
Hey thanks for the update Kaper, which card did you get?

In any case I hope all goes well. I'll pop back in an hour and see if you updated.

It´s card just for testing. I order new card GT 730 (65€)
(If this BSOD will be caused rly by GPU, i will order GTX 950 - better then nothing, or better then HD 7790... :D )

Back