Windows 10 BSOD when i try to burn blu-ray disks

NettleWarbler

Honorable Member
Afternoon all , I get BSOD when trying to burn blu-ray disks , It,s Nero 2018 or 2017 I use when burning blu--rays . Thank you .

Afternoon all , I get BSOD when trying to burn blu-ray disks , It,s Nero 2018 or 2017 I use when burning blu--rays . Thank you .
Hi,
can you upload the dump file please? Use the app found in the thread sticky as we need to see the dump file in order to help you further:

If there doesn't appear to be any dump files then you'll need to change your settings so that they're created when the machine bsods.
Open the run application.
Type sysdm.cpl in the run box and click ok.
Look across the top of the system properties box for 'Advanced' and click that.
Look for 'Startup and Recovery' near the bottom and click 'settings'.
Near the bottom you'll see a drop down menu under the heading 'write debugging information'.
In the drop down menu choose ' small memory dump (256KB)'
Under 'small dump directory' make sure it says %SystemRoot%\Minidump.
Click ok and your good to go.

Check that the burner is fully updated regarding firmware. You can check this by visiting the manufacturers website and looking under support or post the details here and we'll take a look.

Lastly I had a couple of burner's give me blue screens before and one time it was down to the player itself being buggered and the other was caused by dust would you believe.

In any case post the dump file and we'll take a look.

I was just about to give a bit more info , I have bluescreenview when I run that I normally get 2 highlighted files hal.dll+395cf and ntoskrnl.exe+25c2fd . I also have dll files fixer , when I tried that it says search results for hal.dll+395cf and it just has a blank white square underneath .

Yup still need to see the dump file please.

Also have you tried burning a disk using a different client other than Nero?

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 101, {18, 0, ffffc70086fa3180, 4}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption

Followup:     memory_corruption
Hi,
I can see the process causing the issue is nerovision.exe which as your aware part of Nero itself.

Now as you can use a different app to burn the disks without issue then there probably isn't a great deal wrong with your machine.

It may be the case that the install is corrupt in some way and indeed i did see code corruption mentioned within the dump or Nero is conflicting with something you already have installed like AVG for example.
It also seems that Nero certainly has seen better days with the company stripping out certain features.
HD audio feature and Nero Recode

kemical , do you think I should uninstall AVG . I don't have too many blu-rays about 20 , but I like older films like Forbidden Planet , Kellys heroes , The Quiet man films like that . I use Nero because it adds chapters it also looks alright in the way the menu works , Wondershare is the same for the Dvds .

You could certainly try it also when you use Nero for burning do you run it as administrator?

And yes Forbidden Planet is an amazing film. :)

kemical , I have watched quite a few videos on YouTube trying to sort the issue , one mentioned it could be Memory related . Another about downloading a hard drive analyser from the hard drive makers website mine is a Seagate model I downloaded Seagate Sea Tools for windows .. It has Short Generic test S.M.A.R.T. test also Short Drive self test it passed all 100% ( I didn't try any long tests , I also took the side off the computer and pushed the memory sticks to make sure they were in properly . So far I hav'nt removed the memory sticks , I can't remember if I ran Nero as administrator I will next time .

kemical , I have watched quite a few videos on YouTube trying to sort the issue , one mentioned it could be Memory related . Another about downloading a hard drive analyser from the hard drive makers website mine is a Seagate model I downloaded Seagate Sea Tools for windows .. It has Short Generic test S.M.A.R.T. test also Short Drive self test it passed all 100% ( I didn't try any long tests , I also took the side off the computer and pushed the memory sticks to make sure they were in properly . So far I hav'nt removed the memory sticks , I can't remember if I ran Nero as administrator I will next time .
Have you actually had a bsod since making any changes?

No good i'm afraid , I uninstalled AVG Ran Nero as administrator . Loaded a video and ran chapter finder , it got to 4% on the chapter finder and got BSOD and the computer re-started .

The only good thing is it gets the BSOD very early , it don't get to about 99% through the burning process . Do you want the Dump file , I took it from Windows like the last one , but when I ran Bluescreenveiw after it didn't show any findings .

Back