Windows 10 BSOD when i try to burn blu-ray disks

Dump file , when I try to upload it it says I don't have permisson to open tis file . contact the owner for permission , the last file uploaded

Hi,
unfortunately no dump file but i did check your event logs which were sent as part of the app:

Event[15]:
Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Processor-Power
Date: 2017-06-15T18:22:41.710
Event ID: 35
Task: N/A
Level: Error
Opcode: Info
Keyword: N/A
User: S-1-5-18
User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: WIN-6U7QPJAU0GD
Description:
Performance power management features on processor 0 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware problem. Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware.

If you have turned any power features off in the bios (possible overclocker) then this may be what this is referring to.

I did check for Bios updates and there are several: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/Z97-PC-Mate

If your not used to flashing a bios or have any reservations then leave it and either get a friend or a shop to do it for you.

Regarding Nero, have you tried either repairing the install or reinstalling it again?

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 124, {0, ffffe50722f18028, be000000, 800400}

Probably caused by : GenuineIntel

Followup:     MachineOwner
Hi,
bugcheck 124 is caused by the processor locking up for some reason. I can see in the call stack a C1 power state sometimes called a 'halt':
  • C1 (often known as Halt) is a state where the processor is not executing instructions, but can return to an executing state essentially instantaneously. All ACPI-conformant processors must support this power state. Some processors, such as the Pentium 4, also support an Enhanced C1 state (C1E or Enhanced Halt State) for lower power consumption.[25]

If your overclocking, stop and return to default values. I would also set your bios to optimised defaults.

Check the processor is ok by running the Intel diagnostic:
Download Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool

Did you read my last post re' the bios?

hello kemical , just checked overclocking in bing , i'v never done that ( intentionally anyway ) . I did re-install Nero but it made no difference , I never go into bios , don't know how to . The only setting I use are maybe boot up , I tried windows repair and dll file fixer maybe one of them altered the set up of the computer .

Also them bios updates for the mother board they all come with applications apart from the latest one , I will try a different one .

When I try to open another mother board updater I get a little box with PEiD v0.95 at the top , I don't know what im supposed to do with that .

Morning , iv changed the advanced power setting from 5% to 100% in advanced power settings will this help ( in minimum and maximum settings ) also changed to High performance in power options

Morning , iv changed the advanced power setting from 5% to 100% in advanced power settings will this help ( in minimum and maximum settings ) also changed to High performance in power options
I doubt it and i would change it back.

Hi,
you could try using MSI's auto updater:
Support For Z97 PC Mate | MSI Global

Or as there is a risk associated with flashing the bios (get it wrong and it can kill the motherboard) then you can either try the above or get a shop to do it for you.

Or simply stop using Nero.

Just to add on this, all this will do is stop your cpu throttling the cpu speed back when idle. So when your cpu is doing nothing it will normally drop it's default speed down to .800MHz approx. Now, as you've changed the settings, it will run at it's full rated speed regardless.

i'v changed power setting max 10% and min back to nought , when I click on the support for Z97 pc link it takes me to Drivers then lists about half a dozen options which ones do I want , or is it all 6 .

Sorry but isn't VLC for Windows to play dvds on . Only I meen .
How to Use VLC to Play Blu-Ray Movies

when I click on the support for Z97 pc link it takes me to Drivers then lists about half a dozen options which ones do I want , or is it all 6 .
Look under Utility:

msi.jpg

Back