Windows 7 BSOD when opening world of warcraft

Hi and welcome. You've had a MCE stop error, aka 0x124 which means a hardware problems. Sometimes software incorrectly triggers theses, so lets take care of that first:

1) Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers and delete this file:

PxHelp20 PxHelp20.sys Wed Mar 12 21:57:44 2008

Reboot.

2) Update your SiS Raid drivers:

SiSRaid2 SiSRaid2.sys Wed Sep 24 14:19:45 2008

Link Removed - Invalid URL

-----------

I can't see most of your other drivers due to the way it crashed. If you have more crashes after doing the above, post them. But also include a screen shot of CPU-Z spd tab and also one of the memory tab.

the site only lists GPU Graphics Drivers and IGP Graphics Drivers when I look under Windows 7 products.

should I look at XP instead?

Nah, that SiS chipset is suspect at best on Win 7. Try to make a new crash and post. Then also follow about CPU-Z screen shots while posting, too.

ran the game again, crashed upon entering world

Attachments

• Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    21.7 KB · Views: 364
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    22.7 KB · Views: 406
  • 112910-30375-01.rar
    8.8 KB · Views: 177
I can see a little bit more of your drivers this time. I know you have an AGP video card, but not which one. Which video card does it show for you in the device manager?

In the meantime, boot to safe mode + networking. Uninstall AVG using this tool:

AVG - Download tools

Reboot and install MSE to replace it.

When you post again and tell me which video card you have, also include a screen shot of the CPU-Z mainboard tab.

the nvidia drivers are installed and freezing still occurs.

newest crash as well as mainboard SS attached.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    55.3 KB · Views: 402
  • 112910-25281-01.rar
    8.6 KB · Views: 173
Ya, all the crashes are 0x124 hardware types.

I would definitely update the bios to the latest available from here:

ASUSTeK Computer Inc.

The crashes could otherwise be caused by the fact that your audio is not supported at all on Windows 7, because no proper driver exists. So that is definitely something to consider and keep in mind.

Other than that, this is the best resource available on 0x124 stops to give you a better understanding and to attempt to fix them. But like I said, it really could be either the audio or even the SIS chipset that there is nothing you can do about:

Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try - Windows 7 Forums

After updating the bios, set the Default settings in the bios and save.

Back