Windows 7 BSOD when using Firefox

I have no clue about how to do this. I'd suggest contacting one of the staff members here for assistance.

Not sure how to contact them, so I am going to post this and then report it...

Untitled.jpg

There's no memory dumps in this upload.

Try this (just a hunch at this point):
Anti-Virus Removal:
Please do the following:
- download a free anti-virus for testing purposes: Free AntiVirus
- un-install the McAfee from your system (you can reinstall it, if so desired, when we're done troubleshooting)
- remove any remnants of McAfee using this free tool: How to uninstall or reinstall supported McAfee products using the Consumer Products Removal tool (MCPR) (This link has changed a lot. If it doesn't work, search for McAfee Consumer Products Removal Tool)
- IMMEDIATELY install and update the free anti-virus, then check to ensure that the Windows Firewall is turned on.
- check to see if this fixes the BSOD's
NOTE: NEVER run more than 1 anti-virus, firewall, Internet Security/Security Center application at the same time.
Remove IOBit Malware Fighter also - it may be conflicting with the McAfee.

Also, remove Acronis as there are numerous application crashes associated with it. Feel free to reinstall it once the BSOD's have stopped.

AMD GPU CLOCK TOOL must go

Some suggestion of hardware issues. Please run these free diagnostics: Hardware Diagnostics

If you're getting BSOD's and don't have any memory dumps it can be a number of things.
We first suggest checking these settings: Set MiniDump

After that, we check the pagefile settings.

After that, we check the stuff here: BSOD Crash Dump Generation
As you can tell, this is getting a bit deep and requires a whole different approach to troubleshooting.

Long story short, I generally don't troubleshoot memory dumps after the first 2 paragraphs above - it's too time consuming and has no real history of success (most success' involve a wipe and reinstall of Windows - not a very professional solution).

If we don't have memory dumps to go by, then we've gotta look at other things. The clues that we see aren't as specific, so the troubleshooting usually takes longer.

Hey John, been a while since I replied. I really didn't think this was a hardware issue as it seems that would have happened with any app, not just Firefox. So, I looked internal to FF and thought about add-ons. I have since removed all add-ons and have been using FF without any BSOD's for a week. I have been slowly adding in an add-on here and there so I could try to determine the one causing the error, but no issues so far. I'll respond again if I determine an issue.

Thanks for your assistance. Wish you and yours a Happy New Year...

Back