Windows 7 BSOD Win 7 64bit 3b and 1e

Its acting even weirder now. I was playing a game for a hour or so. then when I quit, about 20 mins later it started freezing, forsing me to hit the restart button and a few times it also restarted on me with no bsod. I went into safe mode, it did bsod once and it was a 7d error but no minidump created. I decided to try the video drivers again and using driver sweeper to get rid of the stuff left behind and reinstalled. Keeps acting the same way. Like I said. These occurances are happening mostly after playing games for a while.

This is why I thought it may have been a heat issue cause the computer seems to be better now that its be idle for a bit.

Last edited:
Just got down doing the tess you said. I have 650 Watt PSU and it should be more than enough.

Prime95 gave me no errors
Memtest also no errors
and FurMark. Max 70 C seems to have no problems.

its so random too. I did it too me again after exporting a video from Adobe premiere.

Last edited:
and another last night

Lately when it restarts on it own, i get a message fro bios saying windows failed to boot because of overclocking which i havent done. The only thing I changed was the ram timings to the proper settings. Its always something new with this pc.

Attachments

• 100610-18330-01.zip
    20.1 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:
This driver is the culprit now:

xusb21 xusb21.sys Fri Feb 16 21:43:15 2007

It's in C:\Windows\System32\drivers

Rename it to xusb21.BAK and reboot.

Okay, I uninstalled the xbox accessories software, uninstalled the driver in device manager. Restarted, then I noticed xusb21.sys was still present so i renamed it to .BAK and well see how it goes. Can I not just delete it all together

Sure, if you already rebooted with it as .BAK and things are fine and desktop loads well, delete it.

Any new crashes at all since doing that?

No I just did it 5 mins ago, happy you replied so quickly. Il go ahead and delete it.

Not sure how familiar you are with these xbox pc adapters but I did not buy this in store. I ordered one off ebay from Hong Kong. Maybe thats the reason its causing bsod. I downloaded the software from Microsoft`s website and the driver I use windows common controller in device manager. Would suck If I can use this method anymore.

Well, if you think about it, it would be great because then you wouldn't have a "broken" machine and instead, you could purchase a real controller like the Logitech Rumblepad 2 which can be made to easily be compatible with every single game out there. I have 2 of them and they are excellent. Matter of fact, I can't play PS3 without one:

Logitech Rumblepad 2, Dual Action Game Pad

well actually it was to use my xbox wireless headset on the pc while I play game and chat using Vent. Im not a fan of gaming headsets as I like to hear game audio through my speakers and chat through headset. I like to keep vent on in case my friends start chatting, so dont like having to wear a gaming headset to hear them

Oh alright, I hear ya. It's a driver with more complicated functions and calls than a gamepad driver, so that makes it even more likely to have been the culprit based on the combined facts of that and its date.

Well i hope it was the cause. I will see throughout the day(s) what will happen. Might just have to go get a desktop mic or maybe get bluetooth headset and dongle and go that route.

thanks again.

Got one playing around with PowerISO

Edit...make it two. :(

Attachments

• 101310-15990-01.zip
    28.1 KB · Views: 222
  • 101310-19640-01.zip
    15.9 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:
Just as you replied, I got the 3rd one

I dont know what driver that is. I remember reinstall chipset drivers like 4 times.

Attachments

• 101310-19593-01.zip
    14.9 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
I reinstalled my chipset drivers, Installed my software for my wireless microsoft keyboard because I never did. I also disconnected my Mac drive thinking maybe that is causing something even though its Firewire and not usb.

When I get bsod is restart after restart chain reaction/. Almost useless at the moment

Im running memtest x86 right now for an hour or so see if any errors pop up.

Last edited:
sorry about so any replies but I was searching and someone said it is possible to uninstall usbflilter. I dont know, im going to check it when memtest is done.

I also found this

Motherboard/ Integrated Video Drivers for Windows 7 64-Bit edition

edit: No erros in memtest. I managed to remove the usb filter using unistaller from ati catylist in control panel. Still restarting like crazy and I get a message at boot now about overclocking and im all stock. and another bluescreen.

Attachments

• HPIM0194.JPG
    HPIM0194.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 527
Last edited:
You can post a new crash dump. If I see that there are no further drivers before July 2009, then you for sure have a RAM issue. A module could be defective or it could be a bios setting.

If this is the case, highly recommend visiting the forum of your RAM to make a thread with your specs and saying that all your drivers are confirmed perfect. Ask for tweaking help on how you should set everything.
If RAM is defective, they will also help you with that.

The manufacturers' forums are filled with employees of the respective companies and they're really excellent at what they do. If they can't stabilize the system, they'll replace the memory.

Back