Windows 10 BSOD windows 10

Configuration data for your pc is missing or contains errors. Give me a file name.
File:\efi\microsoft\boot\bdc
Error code: 0xc000001
Basically it's saying that your bootloader or at least your start up files has become corrupted (probably the bsod). If you have created a system rescue USB/disk then you could use that by simply booting from it to get you into the recovery environment.. If you don't have the rescue USB then you could download the windows 10 iso from here (using the media creation tool)
Windows 10

Burn the iso to disk and boot from it. Instead of re-installing you could enter the recovery section hopefully repair the damage.

Basically it's saying that your bootloader or at least your start up files has become corrupted (probably the bsod). If you have created a system rescue USB/disk then you could use that by simply booting from it to get you into the recovery environment.. If you don't have the rescue USB then you could download the windows 10 iso from here (using the media creation tool)
Windows 10

Burn the iso to disk and boot from it. Instead of re-installing you could enter the recovery section hopefully repair the damage.
Ok. Sounds like a plan. Ill give the download a try as i dont have a disc. When that is done and if this all works ill see about making a reskue disc. Wish i had thought about that months ago. Im not too smart with this pc stuff as you can tell. Ill let you know how it goes but its going to take some time.

Sounds like this os is just not for beginners like me. Ive learned a lot with your help.
Will keep you informed.
Jerry...

It shows a few options of windows 10. I chose single language. Hope that was right. Downloading now. shows an hour.

made the disc. Put it in the computer and it still only shows the bsod.
What do I have to do to make it boot from the disc?

I downloaded the file. Put it on a flashdrive. Took it to another computer (wifes laptop) and copied the file to a disc. Put disc into the W10 machine and nothing happens ater I restart W10 machine a few times. Just the same BSOD
???

What am I missing?

Last edited:
You need to boot from the disk. This means changing the boot order. All these things can be searched on google and might be a little faster if your needing an answer quickly.
This guide may help. You need to boot into the bios and then change the boot order so that your disk drive is first. You can then boot off the disk (make sure you watch for the prompt to press any key)
Beginner Geek: How To Change the Boot Order in Your Computer’s BIOS

Good luck although i won't be back online until the morning so hope all goes well. Remember your not wanting to re-install but just repair.
This link may also help:
Recovery options in Windows 10 - Windows Help

I got too fed up with it last night. Working on it all day and the wife complaining I was sitting here all day I just gave up.

I found the settings to load from disc. I could hear it spinning the disc but it went to the BSOD faster than it could spin up the disc. I thought that maybe when I made the disc I did something wrong so I was going to try to make another one. When I made the disc I dl on one computer, put it on a flash drive, took it to another computer, made the disc from the flash drive and then brought it to the third computer (W10) and its not working. I found the legacy and and turned it off or on and set to load from ODD as the fist option in the list and still no go.

Making a new disc is about all I can think of to try besides waiting for next weekend for the disc from Dell but then I'm going to loose what is on this computer.

If you think of something else I'm listening but...

Jerry...

making a new disc now. My settings on the Boot tab are:

Secure boot control [disabled]
Load Legacy OPROM [enabled]
keyboard errors [report]
USB Boot Support [enabled]
Boot Mode [UEFI]
1st Boot Device [internal ODD Devices]
2nd boot device [UEFI:Windows boot M...]
3rd boot device [onboard nic device]
4th boot device [usb floppy device]
5th boot device [usb storage device]

hard disc drivers
1st boot device [windows boot manager]
2nd boot device [uefi os]

Please tell me I have the setting correct for booting from disc or not.

Made the new disc and still NO GO. If the setting are correct for loading from disc than I think I'm out of options but to wipe it and start over when the new disc gets here.

If you have any comments on my settings or other opinions I'm open to them but until than I guess I'm at the end of my rope.
Thanks again for the help. It just didn't work for me. Could be OHS. :)
Jerry...

Please tell me I have the setting correct for booting from disc or not.
Hi Jerry,
sorry I've been out most of the day. The above looks fine although if you don't see a prompt to 'press any key to boot from disk (or words to that effect) then something isn't right. You need to press any key when prompted otherwise the computer will simply look for the next boot device and so on until it finds the info needed to boot up.
Also what are you using to burn the iso? Make sure your not burning any faster than 4x otherwise it can introduce issues.
Lastly did you burn the correct os meaning if the os on the lappie is 64bit you'll need to use a 64bit iso?

I got the 64bit computer and i did DL the 64bit. I will look for an anykey option but I didn't see one. Could have missed it but dont see that option. As far as burning speed, I just burned at whatever the computer wanted to burn at. Maybe that could be an issue too. I'll see about burning speed and try again with another disc. I still got a few of them so no biggie.

Thanks for the help and reply. I'll give it another got in a while and post up what happens.

Jerry...

So close.
It is telling me
" reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key".
Pressed the key and still the same words pop up over and over every time I press a key. I even tried another disc I made earlier.
So close but still no go.

I tried with the iso I put on the flash drive when making the disc. No Good. But I'll check into these links. I got nothing to loose and one more day off work. Thanks for the links.

My windows xp machine dont like the redmode pie as its trying to make a windows 10 iso 64 bit on a xp machine 32bit. I also tried the 32bit option and it dont work ether. I than tried the rufus thing and have no idea what to do with it. It has no options to choose from in the bars where you have to choose something. I guess its just beyond what I know.

Back