Windows 7 BSOD won't stop!

BSOD: tdx.sys DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I have the dump file, however not sure how to read or what to do with it...

Thanks,

Eric

Do a google search on your problem starting with BSOD. I just a BSOD dealing with my Wireless Network Adapter...darn, was doing so good!!!

Hmm....sounds like a problem with a driver or maybe bad memory. When you get the BSOD, what does it say? It should give you a *.sys file near the bottom.

I thought the same thing with my machine so here is what I did. the Windows 7 machine is triple booted with XP and Ubuntu 6.1 on three separate hard drives, so I downloaded memtest and tested for 8 hours in XP then I stress tested the video by running 3dmark 06 in demo mode for 3 hours. Suspecting a bad hard drive or cabling issue for the Windows 7 drive I also did a full sector check on the hard drive using Seagate Seatools. This machine runs rock solid in both XP and Ubuntu. Also my NAS does not have any compatibility issues with XP, Ubuntu, Mac Os X or Vista, as I have connected all of these OS's to it at one time or another. I believe hardware issues are ruled out.

A driver issue is still a possibility, but why would it just mysteriously start working again after I unmap my drives? I re-mapped them after about 6 hours of solid operation in Win7, and guess what 5 minutes later BSOD.

I am convinced this is a AVG or windows 7 bug.

I thought the same thing with my machine so here is what I did. the Windows 7 machine is triple booted with XP and Ubuntu 6.1 on three separate hard drives, so I downloaded memtest and tested for 8 hours in XP then I stress tested the video by running 3dmark 06 in demo mode for 3 hours. Suspecting a bad hard drive or cabling issue for the Windows 7 drive I also did a full sector check on the hard drive using Seagate Seatools. This machine runs rock solid in both XP and Ubuntu. Also my NAS does not have any compatibility issues with XP, Ubuntu, Mac Os X or Vista, as I have connected all of these OS's to it at one time or another. I believe hardware issues are ruled out.

A driver issue is still a possibility, but why would it just mysteriously start working again after I unmap my drives? I re-mapped them after about 6 hours of solid operation in Win7, and guess what 5 minutes later BSOD.

I am convinced this is a AVG or windows 7 bug.

lenzh, I am with you all the way on this one. What NAS device are you mapping to? I have a Buffalo LinkStation Pro Duo that works fine in XP, Vista and OS/X. Actually, it also worked fine in Windows 7 until that last AVG update.

Have a great day!

Eric

lenzh, I am with you all the way on this one. What NAS device are you mapping to? I have a Buffalo LinkStation Pro Duo that works fine in XP, Vista and OS/X. Actually, it also worked fine in Windows 7 until that last AVG update.

Have a great day!

Eric
I am connecting to a HP Media Server and the only problem that I have is I have to put my login name and password (credentials) everytime I reboot. But I am not experiencing any BSOD's. I am not using AGV either, I am using Antivir.

Hey Eric,
Yes I can. The problem is indeed related to your mapped drives.
I've tested the following, Same BSOD in each case.

Host system=Linux
Virtual Machine=Virtualbox
Guest= Windows 7

I've tested Kaspersky and Norton 360 Antivirus, they both do the same thing.
When you unmap the drive all is just fine!!

I'm curious which OS you were running on the machine you were mapping to?

In my case I am using a WD Netcenter NAS, which uses linux (I think) and samba. I also tried it with another NAS that I have been working on which is a home-built system using FreeBSD and the FreeNAS samba system. Same problem here. the FreeNAS also works well with all other OSs except Windows 7.

In my case I am using a WD Netcenter NAS, which uses linux (I think) and samba. I also tried it with another NAS that I have been working on which is a home-built system using FreeBSD and the FreeNAS samba system. Same problem here. the FreeNAS also works well with all other OSs except Windows 7.

My NAS worked great with Windows 7 before the last AVG upgrade. Did you try your NAS before AV install?

0x000000d1 Stop Error BSOD tdx.sys

I have been running the beta since it came out with AVG free installed with no problems until yesterday. I started encountering the 0x00000d1 stop error pointing to tdx.sys as the culprit. I found posts on Microsoft Technet that agree with some of the other users here pointing to anti-virus applications as the likely culprit. It seems to happen most often to those that have mapped drives to NAS devices. TDX.SYS, according to some of these posts, is part of microsoft's generic network drivers, hence some of the problems being linked to network traffic triggering the crash. Most users, including myself, have found the problem disappears when you uninstall the antivirus application. I still for the life of me cannot figure out why it all of the sudden triggered after more than a month as opposed to starting much earlier. I did find that uninstalling AVG is a snap if you boot into safe mode and uninstall using the windows programs feature. That way your network is not enabled so you will not have problems with AVG or your other antivirus program interfering with the operating system. I definitely agree this is a problem that needs addressed quickly as my system is now unprotected. OH well, hence the "beta". Here is the link to the technet thread:

tdx.sys BSOD : Windows 7 Application Compatibility : Windows 7 Beta : Microsoft TechNet Forums
BSOD result as being connected to NAS : Windows 7 Networking : Windows 7 Beta : Microsoft TechNet Forums

Same error here but different set-up

I am getting the sam BSOD as everyone here has described.

W7 was running as solid as a rock with NOD A/V (v3) installed up untill I added a Maxtor Shared Storage II NAS. Then this BSOD started (every 5 minutes, tdx.sys error etc)

My issue now is that I am happy enough to work without an AV for the moment - but I want my NAS. I tried upgrading to the V4 beta of NOD, as I read some others had luck with that, but no good for me. Then I tried removing NOD alltogether but that did not work.

In deparation - and to have a machine that will work for more than 5 minute - I removed the Maxtor software and disconnected the share that it set up but I am still getting the same BSOD with out the NAS and without the AV.

Anyone heard anything about a hotfix for this coming soon? I don't really want to start again

I have been running the beta since it came out with AVG free installed with no problems until yesterday. I started encountering the 0x00000d1 stop error pointing to tdx.sys as the culprit. I found posts on Microsoft Technet that agree with some of the other users here pointing to anti-virus applications as the likely culprit. It seems to happen most often to those that have mapped drives to NAS devices. TDX.SYS, according to some of these posts, is part of microsoft's generic network drivers, hence some of the problems being linked to network traffic triggering the crash. Most users, including myself, have found the problem disappears when you uninstall the antivirus application. I still for the life of me cannot figure out why it all of the sudden triggered after more than a month as opposed to starting much earlier. I did find that uninstalling AVG is a snap if you boot into safe mode and uninstall using the windows programs feature. That way your network is not enabled so you will not have problems with AVG or your other antivirus program interfering with the operating system. I definitely agree this is a problem that needs addressed quickly as my system is now unprotected. OH well, hence the \"beta\". Here is the link to the technet thread:

tdx.sys BSOD : Windows 7 Application Compatibility : Windows 7 Beta : Microsoft TechNet Forums
BSOD result as being connected to NAS : Windows 7 Networking : Windows 7 Beta : Microsoft TechNet Forums

Hi INguy,

Thank you for the update. I had a very difficult time un-installing my Free AVG and had to use a removal tool on the AVG web site. I am suspecting the removal tool did not do a great job since i am still getting the BSOD with AVG removed from my system.

please do not hesitate to send any suggestions you may have ;)

Eric

I am still not getting any errors with my mapped drives removed, however I just setup my photo screen saver to use \\sharedrive\photo instead of a shared drive, and 5 minutes after activating, i get the same BSOD.

Mapped Drive = BSOD
UNC = BSOD

Oh well, I hope somebody can come up with a simple way around this... I am kicking myself in the butt for installing that last AVG update... since before that, Windows 7 was running great!

AVG Failed Removal / BSOD

Hi INguy,

Thank you for the update. I had a very difficult time un-installing my Free AVG and had to use a removal tool on the AVG web site. I am suspecting the removal tool did not do a great job since i am still getting the BSOD with AVG removed from my system.

please do not hesitate to send any suggestions you may have ;)

Eric

I found that I had to manually edit the registry and remove references to AVG when the removal tool failed. It also left a collection of DLLs that had to be removed. I disabled them in services, rebooted the computer, deleted the DLLs, edited the registry.

This doesn't cure the BSOD problem but it did get AVG off of my system. I don't have any objections to AVG BTW. I've tried AVG, Norton, Kapersky and Avira and they all cause the BSOD when mapped to Samba or NAS. This is not likely a hardware issue since it is happening on a wide variety of systems.

Gateway GM5072
AMD Athlon 64 x2
2 Gb
integrated NVIDIA Network Card

Back
Top Bottom