Windows 7 BSOD's after computer was accidentally shut off

SwizzzzZ

Hey all, hope I can get some help here.

I accidentally bumped my light switch in my apartment, (it controls all the electricity on that wall) and it shut off my computer. After turning it back on I've been getting constant BSOD's and I have no idea how to fix it. I've gotten about 7 of them in the past 2 hours.

I made a .rar of the minidumps I could find do I upload it through a post here?

Thanks!

Hi and welcome.

Not to worry though. These crashes weren't caused by turning off the switch at all.

Uninstall NetworkMagic to remove these drivers:

Code:
pnarp    pnarp.sys    Tue Oct 28 01:57:00 2008
 purendis purendis.sys Tue Oct 28 00:31:28 2008

---------

Update the drivers for your Logitech gear:

Support + Downloads

---------

Install the latest video card driver:
Code:
atikmdag atikmdag.sys Tue Apr 06 21:47:17 2010

Drivers & Support | GAME.AMD.COM

------------

Open an elevated command prompt then type systeminfo. Hit enter. Use this screen to see which Realtek lan you have. Then search its number in the left side of this screen for the latest driver to install:

Code:
Rt64win7 Rt64win7.sys Thu Feb 26 04:04:13 2009

Realtek

----------------

Install the latest Realtek HD Audio driver:
Code:
RTKVHD64 RTKVHD64.sys Thu Dec 10 04:38:13 2009

Realtek

-----------

The above will fix it up. If problems persist for any reason, post a new crash dump after changes are made.

Enjoy.

Thanks for the reply

I couldn't find the NetworkMagic, I dont know what that is and never heard of it before.

I downloaded the latest Realtek Lan but not sure how to install it?:confused:

I installed the lastest ATI drivers and Realtek HD Drivers

Thanks

For the Realtek lan driver, download the auto-installation version on the download page, for Windows 7. Double click the file you downloaded, in Windows Explorer, to being the install process.

---

To get rid of the Network Magic drivers, navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers
Then delete purendis.sys and pnarp.sys.
Reboot and the run Ccleaner to clean the registry.

Did all of that and ran CCleaner rebooted and about 10min later I got another BSOD :(

I've attached more minidumps

Attachments

• Minidumps.rar
    92.7 KB · Views: 180
Yeah, cool.

TorrentG is extremely wise when it comes to these types of matters! (I'm joking of course, but it reamins true nevertheless.)

Please don't follow advice anywhere else while I'm helping you, especially since it seems some terrible advice has been given. You're only going to make matters more difficult to the both of us. You introduced a new problem since my first diagnosis. Please remove AVG is safe mode using the tool found here:

AV Uninstallers - Windows 7 Forums

Reboot and install MSE.

In addition, run the Realtek HD Audio driver installation again. You've only used it so far to remove the old driver. Using it again will install the new, now.

OK, I uninstalled AVG. Tried to install the Realtek HD Audio drivers again but got error: Install Realtek HD Audio Driver Failure!! Error Code: 0x00000008

Sorry but what is MSE?

MSE stands for Microsoft Security Essentials:

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Last edited:
Ok thx, thats what I thought it was but wanted to make sure.

Some weird thing happened when I last restarted. It said Windows could not start, please use system restore. So I did and it booted up...so I'm not sure if that erased any of what we just did...yikes

Also I have no sound...it says the sound is playing from the level going up and down but not getting any sounds out of speakers/headphones.

Boot to safe mode + networking.

Download "Vista, Windows7 Driver (32/64bits) Driver only (ZIP file)" and then extract it to a folder once download is complete:

Realtek

Open device manager. Double click the sound section. Right click on the Realtek one without the driver. (It may show as unknown device or still have Realtek in the name.)

Choose update driver software. Browse my computer. Let me pick. Have disk. Browse. Then find and double click on the .inf in the extracted folder from above (go into 64 bit folder if there is one in there, first.) Hit ok then next and it will install.

Reboot to normal mode. If it crashes again at all, post the crash dump and we'll take it from there.

Last edited:
I couldn't find any .inf in the Zip that you stated. I went to device manager anyway and it said the Realtek HD Audio Drivers are up to date. And I have sound after the reboot.

Good, glad to hear it then. The machine should be in good working order now. If not, it's only some minor issue that got mixed up in all of the above processes. A new crash dump posted will probably easily help me sort it for you.

Other than that, good luck with it and enjoy the machine.

Still getting BSOD's. I've attached the new minidumps

Attachments

• Minidumps.rar
    307.4 KB · Views: 244
Daemon Tools and sptd.sys are notorious blue screen causes. Please uninstall Daemon Tools normally. Then use this installer/uninstaller to remove sptd.sys from the system:

DuplexSecure - Downloads

Reboot and check C:\Windows\System32\drivers to see that sptd.sys in now gone.

---------

I'd also uninstall VirtualCloneDrive to see how things go. After, check that this driver is removed from C:\Windows\System32\drivers

VClone VClone.sys Sun Aug 09 17:25:45 2009

------

You can install PowerISO for drive emulation, instead. Emulation part of the software is free forever:

PowerISO - Create, Edit, Compress, Encrypt, Split, Mount, Extract ISO file, ISO/BIN converter, Virtual Drive

I removed Daemon Tools a few months ago. But I ran the installer because sptd.sys was still there. It removed it.

I uninstalled VirtualCloneDrive and deleted Vclone.sys

I'm still getting many BSOD's. I took out a RAM stick and will switch them around if the problem keeps up. For some reason I think it's the RAM. I dunno why it would be since I've had a stable system for 7 months now...

Back
Top Bottom