Windows 7 BSoDs & Reboots

Hey, just got a BSoD while playing Team Fortress 2, haven't gotten one in the past week so i was quite surprised.
I mean i've been playing vigorously for a week without problem, only one BSoD though.

Attaching minidump

Hey, just got a BSoD while playing Team Fortress 2, haven't gotten one in the past week so i was quite surprised.
I mean i've been playing vigorously for a week without problem, only one BSoD though.

Attaching minidump

Still memory corruption Did you run memtest ??

Still memory corruption Did you run memtest ??

Hi, i did run Memtest86+ but passed, im gonna run it again with the sticks one after one and in different "sockets" as soon as get my USB back.
Just a little note i got 3 new BSoDs earlier today and it has made me unable to start up my computer without getting one.
As i can't start it i can't send minidumps, but i'll type the error

STOP: c0000221 Unknown Hard Error
\SystemRoot\System32\ntdll.dll

that is all that's written on the BSoD.

If you can get into windows with safe mode, open a elivated commant prompt and run sfc /scannow. If you can't get into windows boot up with the windows install cd and goto repair. From there select command prompt from the menu and run a chkdsk c: /F after it's completed try safe mode again.

The Latest Stop error you have is normally cause by a corrupt file in your case ntdll.dll.

Hi, i did run Memtest86+ but passed, im gonna run it again with the sticks one after one and in different "sockets" as soon as get my USB back.
Just a little note i got 3 new BSoDs earlier today and it has made me unable to start up my computer without getting one.
As i can't start it i can't send minidumps, but i'll type the error

STOP: c0000221 Unknown Hard Error
\SystemRoot\System32\ntdll.dll

that is all that's written on the BSoD.

Whenever you get a BSOD please upload it to us as it helps us narrow our focus on whats wrong and spot any changes that have occured.

Whenever you get a BSOD please upload it to us as it helps us narrow our focus on whats wrong and spot any changes that have occured.

Yeah, sorry it's just that i couldn't get my comp to work, it does work now so i'll be uploading them.
It's odd that one or two of them are missing, huh.

Yeah, sorry it's just that i couldn't get my comp to work, it does work now so i'll be uploading them.
It's odd that one or two of them are missing, huh.

Still memory corruption. How many passes did you ruun memtest for? and what were the results?

Still memory corruption. How many passes did you ruun memtest for? and what were the results?

AMD K10 (45nm) @ 3412 MHz
L1 Cache:.....64K...55929 MB/s....: Test #8 [Modulo 20, Random pattern]
L2 Cache:...512K...18051 MB/s....: Testing: 2048M - 3328M 6143M
L3 Cache:.6144K....9450 MB/s....: Pattern: 1836da4e-17
Memory :..6143M...4629 MB/s
IMC : AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor (ECC : Disabled)
Settings: RAM : 666 MHz (DDR1333) / CAS L 9-9-9-24 / DDR (64 bits)

Walltime......Cached......RsvdMem....MemMap.....Cache...ECC.*..Test...Pass. ...Errors.....ECC Errs
18:31:46........6143M..........160K.........e820..........on.*...off.... ..Std.......13.........0

id say pass 13 is stable, you need to place the same stick in slot 2 , then slot 3 and so on, with each stick, id say 7 passes is sufficent

id say pass 13 is stable, you need to place the same stick in slot 2 , then slot 3 and so on, with each stick, id say 7 passes is sufficent

Gonna see if i can get my computer to work, i haven't been able to boot it today, it's just giving off buzzing sound from what sounds like the harddrive.
Anyway going to start Memtest86+ with the first stick in slot #2 and #3 and if no errors are shown it's got to be one of the sticks right? so i go with stick #2 and then stick #3 in one of the slots?

I've run Memtest86+ in all but the last slot and all the sticks are done, error free. Gonna run the last one tonight.

Hey again!

After the Memtest i rearranged all the memory sticks 1>3 2>2 3>1 and i didn't have a single BSoD till today.
Ok, so let me start by saying this if i by any chance bump the computer case my comp either reboots or just freezes.
So my cat was in my room and went behind the computer (without me noticing) and was trying climb out the window.
I stopped her and got her out of the room and when i come back the computer had rebooted, now this is where the problems started again.
I start up All Point Bulletin (APB) to test the game, after 2 minutes of gameplay it reboots, so i was like.. ok... i did it again but this time i got a bluescreen.
When i booted i got a weird error making every program crash at start, so no programs were able to work at all, so i had to reboot again and then it worked and now i'm here. The cause was ntdll.dll

i'll attach a minidump so you can see that one BSoD

I've checked your .dmp file, your suffering from memory corruption. You ran multiple runs of memtest and they passed so, could you supply the memory timings from cpu-z. Each tab please. Post the images of cpu-z as attachments and I'll look through them for you. I'd also check to see if there's a bios update for your motherboard, which could also help in solving your problem.

I noticed you said if you bumped your computer it freezes. Check all the internal connection and double check they're secure.

Hi, thanks for those. If you go into your bios could you set the trc timing to 41 please and you memory speed to 1600. If in your bios there's a xmp setting use that. If there isn't set you mem volts to 1.65V and your timing to 1600@9-9-9-24-41 with a command rate of 2. Your motherboard manual should explain where these settings are located.

Hi, thanks for those. If you go into your bios could you set the trc timing to 41 please and you memory speed to 1600. If in your bios there's a xmp setting use that. If there isn't set you mem volts to 1.65V and your timing to 1600@9-9-9-24-41 with a command rate of 2. Your motherboard manual should explain where these settings are located.

Hey, sorry for not getting back earlier, but my computer has been a complete mess.. i can't change my timings and what not so i guess i need to update my bios..
I don't really know how to do it correctly so i'll hope for the best.

I've updated BIOS, but can't find the option to enter the correct SPD and timings i've looked through the M4A78T-E Manual
and it shows an option that i don't have...

Link Removed - Invalid URL
Memory Configuration i do not have that.

Last BSoD Link Removed due to 404 Error

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom