Windows 7 ~ C o m o d o ~

cybercore

Comodo offers a wide range of full-featured desktop security products totally free of any charges with free updates for lifetime, as well as commercial products for server systems.

Free Desktop PC Security - Free Downloads Keep your PC Safe | Comodo

Firewall & AntiVirus Software Suite - Internet Security | Comodo

System Requirements:
Windows XP (SP2) or Vista 32 bit or Windows 7.0 32 bit
64 MB RAM / 70 MB hard disk space
Windows XP (SP2) or Vista 64 bit or Windows 7.0 64 bit
64 MB RAM / 105 MB hard disk space

Please note that the freeware products are not fully compatible with Server operating systems.

You are right, not so long ago before Microsoft Security essentials, Comodo was the only freeware full-featured security. I used its earlier versions and should say it worked quite well.

You can read a Virus Bulletin expanded review, or you can view the Link Removed due to 404 Error.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

I see what that article is talking about. I never installed the optional Safe Search nor bought their commercial SSL. The freeware antivirus and the firewall then looked to me more reliable than Eset 3. I didn't catch a virus or malware in 1 year using that. Anyway there are many adepts of Comodo, and I haven't heard of a law suit against Comodo.

I see what that article is talking about. I never installed the optional Safe Search nor bought their commercial SSL. The freeware antivirus and the firewall then looked to me more reliable than Eset 3. I didn't catch a virus or malware in 1 year using that. Anyway there are many adepts of Comodo, and I haven't heard of a law suit against Comodo.

Yea, when i first used it, it is just great firewall in my perspective, i read about the spying stuff, switched to pctools which i just do not like the UI or in fact the entire program period, the UI for comodo is just 100% awesome always knew it was too & a way better firewall than anything else, but I gave in a few weeks ago and switched back to comodo as comodo is in fact better over all of anything else even when they ranked it to be 3rd, ionno I like it very much & like how it is a true 64 bit firewall vs 32bit firewall "example:pctools" running on a 64 bit platform.

I did read some where but for the life of me I cannot find it that for some reason running 32 bit firewall on a 64 bit platform, the firewall can be bypassed someway somehow on 64 bit applications or in another way or somehow, this is the main reason why I like comodo.

But yea thank you for the headsup on the update of the ranking as well.

I give comodo 2 thumbs up.

This article is a very good information.

Just as it reads, "Comodo has been caught selling its popular SSL certificate to malware distributors/scan websites. Now in Comodo's defense, whenever a malware distributor/scan website which has Comodo's certificate is brought to their attention, they remove it;" which means Comodo did not do it intentionally but rather fell a little victim themselves before those customers who were going to abuse their commercial SSLs. Just do not install the optional Safe Search and you won't "be watched."

Right now I am using Eset Smart Security 4 Business Edition because my Server R2 is not fully compatible with Comodo firewall. Besides, NOD32 requires less user attention. But back to one year ago I myself witnessed that Comodo AV was doing a much better job on detecting, blocking, and cleaning from a rogue infection on my virtual machine. Things don't stay the same of course, and it is a good idea to keep an eye. I haven't heard of a security system not to have missed a virus in several years. Eset was helpless recently before a rogue infection, and I'm sure Comodo and others will sooner or later miss viruses too. Regular definition updates and user discerning actions are required.

Also a good idea is to consult other sources and visit the developer's forums:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Comodo Forum - Index

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What I personally like about Comodo is that it has an option to help me track my activities step-by-step, like what I'm installing, which reg entries are about to be modified, what new process is trying to connect to internet and if I give my permissions to do that. And I can always change protection mode or turn the AV/FW completely off.

For maximum protection against potential risk coming from any suspicious files:

Virus Total is a service that analyzes suspicious files and facilitates the quick detection of viruses, worms, trojans, and all kinds of malware detected by antivirus engines. It works this way:

1. Go to VirusTotal - Free Online Virus and Malware Scan
2. Upload the file that you want to scan
3. It'll be scanned by Link Removed due to 404 Error.

If at least 1 AV system shows alert, then do not use the infected file.

I have installed Comodo Internet Security on my Virtual machine and I should say that I AM happy with it:

1. There is no sign of that Safe Search in the Comodo IS package
2. You can install AV only, Firewall only, or both
3. Does not slow me down and scans very fast
4. Does require user attention when a new or unknown process wants to connect to INTERNET, and remembers your choice so you don't have to approve/disapprove each time

5. Has several modes of security + options not to launch Comodo on system's startup. Very customizable.

Installed, rebooted, confirmed some processes, and forgot. Now it is the 4th hour of browsing internet with Comodo on, all is fine and it doesn't bother me. So much regret its Firewall doesn't work with Server R2, in this case I would switch to Comodo. :) Good stuff, believe me.

Comodo Internet Security User Guide

Download Comodo Internet Security

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom